TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: November 23, 2017, 11:33:36 PM 
Started by mikeh - Last post by chrispoe
Looking at the pics and mileage of the car, I think you would get more money for it selling it whole than parting it out.

on: November 23, 2017, 11:28:52 PM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by chrispoe
I've seen the RFT-DI (98+ turbo diesel) swapped into a 323 already. The engine only had about 110 hp and 170 ft/lbs of torque, but the guy claimed to be getting 50 mpg. 

on: November 23, 2017, 11:16:08 PM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by chrispoe
The Capri's master cylinder is only 13/16.

on: November 23, 2017, 10:52:42 PM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by chrispoe
Can you see the pics? Photobucket has shit the bed

Yes, I can see all of the pics just as they were originally posted.

I'm using this extension for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=dp-dl-othersby

There's also an extension for Chrome too.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

on: November 23, 2017, 10:24:59 PM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by Rocketman
I will try to re-upload the pics later and restore them. Photobucket is really pretty evil, they have disabled bulk downloading of albums in an effort to discourage people from bailing.
I managed to download the pics from an old version of their app on my old phone, but they dont appear to be original quality. It'll have to do, though

on: November 23, 2017, 10:15:54 PM 
There is a bit of pedal firmness sacrificed in the upgrade, the bores on the pistons are larger and it throws the ratio off just a bit. A larger bore Master Cylinder would firm the pedal feel back up.

I've looked into a few upgrades. It's a bit of a problem as the Capri MC has an integrated proportioning valve, which is somewhat unusual. I believe they did it to save space.
So the theoretical combo I came up with was to use a Miata brake booster and prop valve (which mounts to the booster, right next to the MC), with a MC from an EVO which I cannot remember the year or gen of. (some digging into Miata upgrades may liberate the info) This would get us to a 1" or larger bore. This would be a fair bit of work, and I'm not certain the booster would bolt onto the firewall but it's a 4 bolt pattern and some basic fabbing might get it to work. This would of course require re-working all of the brake lines on the firewall, as well.
Again, this is all theoretical, and I'm not sure if the prop valve ratios would work, but it'd be cheap

I thought the Capri had 15/16" bore but I cannot locate any sources to corroborate this at the moment
The 323 has a 7/8" bore but it appears the Wagon model also has a 15/16" bore

on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:46 PM 
Gobble Gobble!

on: November 23, 2017, 08:51:20 PM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by SHOwn
Last weekend, I finally got around to putting it all together. I used Motil DOT 5.1 brake fluid and flushed the whole system as best I could with a mighty-vac and pedal bleeding.

My impression is that braking seems a little better, but the pedal could be firmer, making me wonder if I should get it power-bled at a shop. Might be that she needs a master cylinder too.

on: November 23, 2017, 01:45:17 PM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by Gaz
There is one right here in Duluth. Plus i have a spare f trans if it would bolt up...

on: November 23, 2017, 11:49:32 AM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by greywolf27030
Can't see the pics......help

Jack Byrd

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10