TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:48 PM 
Started by Grimsleeper - Last post by greywolf27030
Finally got my speedo drive out so I can check the tranny fluid, and it's fine, but I'm going to change it because it is black.

Jack Byrd

on: September 19, 2017, 11:03:36 AM 
Started by Pappy T - Last post by Pappy T
Can anyone give a little more info on the throttle position sensor ? Trying to test it out and come up with conflicting numbers..like 4.9 volt in closed position and ohms are off the wall. There were some pics on another thread but they're blocked out . By  chance can it be adjusted to come within specs ? Most everything is pretty much where it should be but it still putzes at 3700 ! I'm somewhat follicly challenged and don't want to end up with the Yul Brynner look over this thing .... Thanks !

on: September 16, 2017, 08:23:01 PM 
Started by dundib - Last post by azgtx
Sounds like the inner cable broke. Almost don't have to take the dash out for that. Unscrew the cable from the tranny gear cable and give it a look.

on: September 16, 2017, 11:50:02 AM 
Started by dundib - Last post by WashiestSnake
To get to the gauge cluster you have to take off the black trim surrounding it using trim removal tools. Once that shroud is off its four bolts holding the cluster in. Sounds like to me that your speedometer cable might have fallen out of the cluster or even gotten disconnected from the transmission.

on: September 16, 2017, 08:56:50 AM 
Started by dundib - Last post by dundib
Hey everyone,

Been using this forum for help to fix just about everything that's gone wrong in my capri for the last year. Can't seem to find a solution for this one. I was able to fix my faulty gas gauge a few months back but now my speedometer is out, the gas gauge again, along with the odometer and trip counter. I can live with never knowing how much gas I have in the tank, but the speedometer is something I would like to have with all the speed traps in my area. I tried pulling the dash out but I couldn't get it far enough to get behind it. Is there anywhere I can start to get this fixed?
Oh and the thermometer, battery and tachometer still work perfect, and my pressure gauge was always faulty.
Sorry if I am not posting in the right place on this forum.
91 automatic.

Thank you.

on: September 15, 2017, 06:55:51 AM 
Started by greywolf27030 - Last post by greywolf27030
http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1196636&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Manufacturer closeouts for Mercury Capri

Jack Byrd

on: September 12, 2017, 12:47:04 PM 
Started by rls120 - Last post by rls120
It has been about a month now, and so far so good. . .(hope I'm not jinxing myself).  Thanks to all of you for your advice and good wishes as I worked through what appear now to be multiple problems. 

on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:35 AM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by greywolf27030
Cool, all that custom stuff is going to be expensive.  Lots of work has to go into R&D and also the manufacturing.  There's no economy of scale because so few people are interested and the guy's gotta make a living.  I hope it all works for you.  You know he has to have something going when his Festiva does 150 in a quarter.

Jack Byrd

on: September 09, 2017, 12:21:04 AM 
Started by Jolls - Last post by Btown
So has anyone actually bought and tried any of these suggestions?
Would be nice to trust the gauge some day

on: September 08, 2017, 11:23:19 PM 
Started by bigjak - Last post by bigjak
Yes, I am confident that you could get in this car, and drive anywhere!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10