TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:38:32 PM 
Started by Int_Doggo - Last post by Int_Doggo
So I thought this was a fun story,

So my capri actually shot a rod out the block earlier this year and I was forced to sell it by my parents, but I wanted to make sure it went to the right home. I actually know this guy who buys and sells capris to fix up who lives near me, and I sold it to him. Word through the grapevine is the car is actually being completely restored somewhere in Georgia, so, if you see a white capri with a white top in Georgia... you know where it came from!

(if I don't buy it first ;) )

In all seriousness I really do want a capri again, and I'm probably going to be saving up all I can for xr2 this time.

on: Today at 10:30:11 AM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by SHOwn
I didnít think of that, but it is a high probability. Timing retarded acts just like that. Could be a sloppy distributor as well.
Although, that bit about hitting bumps and A/C really point to bad electrical connections. Check all grounds, clean them all up, report back after that. There are a number of grounds that affect the engine, do a search on teamcapri to find all you can. Like modern healthcare, with a Capri, you are your own best advocate- you must research this stuff yourself. There just arenít any shops that would know about that car anymore.

on: Today at 08:41:16 AM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by blueamber
Get the timing checked.  Search 'short nosed crank' for this issue with this engine.

on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:25 PM 
Started by Turtle - Last post by Turtle
Have a 1993 ( actually Sep. 1992) Capri  The pass side headlight goes up and down using either the headlight switch or lift switch.  Drivers side does nothing.  If I wire direct, the drivers headlight goes up and down.  I installed another headlight motor relay and have the same problem.  20 amp HLM fuse is fine.  My questions are:
1.  What is the problem and fix?
2.  Is there a separate fuse somewhere for each headlight motor?  I did not see one in the electrical diagram.
3.  Where exactly is the plug located?
     I saw that there was a plug connection (C239)  between the relay and the motor's plug, that is suppose to be under the dash and above the joint box but I
     could not find it.   I figured it may have come loose.  The previous owner said that when the headlight did not come up, he use to just pull on the plug at the
     back of the headlight and it would come up.  I tried and it no longer does so I thought that this may have caused C239 to come loose.

on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:22 AM 
Started by TWFodor - Last post by TWFodor
I also have a throttle body for sale as well - $35 shipped

on: July 17, 2018, 07:50:46 AM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by Skip13
Someone said my wastegate could be stuck open. Would that be my problem. The 91 shop manual sure doesn't help me.

on: July 17, 2018, 07:48:02 AM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by Skip13
Yes just had a water pump timing belt and tune up. I complained to them that it was not cutting in the turbo they checked all that and said it was working right. I hit a big bump one day and it worked great after that. Then one day I was riding around and turn on the A/C and that's when my problem started. Since then no matter how hard I step un the gas peddle it just creeps up and then bogs down

on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:09 PM 
Started by Ronaldhoff - Last post by pilotlars
Weird, my 93 doesn't have fog lamps but it's got the connectors in the bumper and the connector to the switch..

on: July 15, 2018, 07:17:11 PM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by Rocketman
It sounds like your car is running like garbage in general, with or without the turbo. Have you done a tune up recently? What troubleshooting have you done?

No boost gauge? No factory boost gauge on the gauge cluster?

It's not normal for the XR2 to struggle up a hill even without the turbo's help

on: July 15, 2018, 05:29:40 PM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by SHOwn
Go get a boost gauge at your local discount auto parts chain store or if you find a harbor freight, their $18 one is very nice, works well, and has any color backlighting you like at the push of a button. It is very hard to diagnose problems without data.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10