TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:59 AM 
Started by Seth - Last post by greywolf27030
Welcome Brianna, hope your Capri doesn't have many rust problems.

Jack Byrd

on: December 09, 2018, 06:22:41 PM 
Started by Seth - Last post by d4rkangel
Hello all, my name is Brianna. I purchased my Capri in Michigan, but I have since moved to central Illinois. I was browsing craigslist, looking for a cheap project with a manual. This popped up, I did some research, and I fell in love. It wasn't in the best condition (still isn't), but I love that it is small, unique, and it needs a little bit of everything so it will be a good learning experience.
Dream cars are hard to pick, and I haven't been able to test drive and feel out many cars, so I would say I need to do more research before I can answer this question.
If the Capri came back, I think they should keep it a convertible, not make it into a hatchback. Keep it with a small, turbo engine with manual as an option. Make it an affordable weekend sports coupe, for those of us who can't afford corvette's.

on: December 07, 2018, 05:32:01 PM 
Started by oakslee - Last post by NiteLord
are you getting power to the fuel pump with the key on..??..If not you got a break in the harness..have you tried using starting fluid or carb cleaner in the intake to see if it tries to start..??

on: December 07, 2018, 05:11:38 PM 
Started by oakslee - Last post by oakslee
The door moves smoothly, I replaced the fuel pump relay, still no go

on: December 07, 2018, 04:38:35 PM 
Started by Trackerrrr - Last post by greywolf27030
Good luck, good looking job.  My first Capri, the PO had used Radiator Stop Leak, several cans apparently, and all the small lines and passages and even hoses were plugged.  The hose from the back of the block to the IAC was solid.

Jack Byrd

on: December 07, 2018, 12:20:24 AM 
Started by Trackerrrr - Last post by Trackerrrr
...Down load "TECHCAPRI", Group #24 Fuel System, Fuel Tank Removal Sect. 24-50-1...will tell you all you need to know...

Yeah, already read that, step 11 is definitely not that easy on my car. I got it out finally after much wrangling and swearing.

on: December 07, 2018, 12:15:25 AM 
Started by Grimsleeper - Last post by Trackerrrr
Got the IAC coolant passage unplugged with drill bit and wire. JB Weld to follow.

on: December 07, 2018, 12:12:53 AM 
I'm gonna get this thing back together in the next few days and fire it up....again.....

on: December 07, 2018, 12:10:12 AM 
Ok, got the IAC coolant passage unplugged tonight. I had to drill small holes in the passage plugs and one in the lower elbow. Then I ran a small gauge wire thru each and got the gunk to break loose. I'll plug the holes with JB Weld, beats spending $600 plus for a new IAC.

on: December 06, 2018, 10:27:40 PM 
My first Capri was a similar project.  Guaranteed not to crank, start, run or stop....lol

Jack Byrd

I will persevere and she will be back on the road soon.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10