TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: November 01, 2023, 06:16:33 PM 
Started by 9193CapriXR2 - Last post by EShepherd
I feel like I'm missing something.  Isn't there some sort of top plate or something between top of spring and mount?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q3pDm3WtjfXrmL3b8

He raises a good point. Short term memory issues, but i KNOW something must be wrong there lol. I believe you forgot to swap a piece from the old strut assembly to the new one here. Once the crusty old one is on there, you'll know if the top of that spring is correct or not.

I also couldn't find replacements for my spring seats. They don't make noise so add it to the "some day" list

on: November 01, 2023, 01:31:08 PM 
Started by 9193CapriXR2 - Last post by Rocketman
You should be able to find a guide for the gauge you are choosing - it's going to be different for every mfgr depending on how the gauge is set up
For the sender unit you'll want to remove the stock sender and thread the new one in, you may have to match up the threads and get an adapter (brass plumbing fittings would work fine)

I don't think the effort is all that necessary though, the B6 isn't known for oiling issues, and you would get distinct audible cue from the hydraulic lash adjusters in the head if the pressure is indeed low

on: November 01, 2023, 01:26:56 PM 
Started by 9193CapriXR2 - Last post by Rocketman
doesn't look like the correct spring, check the diameter vs the original

on: November 01, 2023, 10:20:06 AM 
Started by 9193CapriXR2 - Last post by 9193CapriXR2
Im guessing its a spring seat that sits on top of the coil spring.  I just dont know where to find a replacement or even the proper name or part number.  Any help?

on: November 01, 2023, 10:07:50 AM 
Yeah factory oil gauge on both my cap4is are garbage which is why I want to install aftermarket gauges.

on: November 01, 2023, 10:06:26 AM 
I feel like I'm missing something.  Isn't there some sort of top plate or something between top of spring and mount?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q3pDm3WtjfXrmL3b8

on: October 31, 2023, 12:31:37 PM 
Started by turboxr291 - Last post by greywolf27030
I use 2.25D system with a turbo muffler. I believe my exhaust man said the down pipe and cat were 2.25D but sized down for the stock.system.

on: October 31, 2023, 12:27:57 PM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by greywolf27030
I get my tops from a company call Kee Tops in Charlotte, NC. The cool thing is they can make them in custom colors.

on: October 30, 2023, 06:11:42 PM 
I want to install an aftermarket oil pressure gage.  Anyone have a step by step how to guide?

Depends on which one you get. Some come with a sender and are mechanical (easiest to install), some are electronic (good luck).

I have an old bosch one rolling around in a drawer in my garage I intend to toss on my car at some point. I'm pretty sure it's as simple as a power, ground, and signal to turn the lights/gauge on, and then a new sender that I would replace the factory oil pressure sensor with.

If the Capri is anything like the Miata, the factory oil pressure gauge is a bit of a joke. Its more of a "if this needle moves, theres probably some oil in your engine" gauge.

on: October 30, 2023, 06:06:57 PM 
H&R springs and 3 of the 4 struts have arrived.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/64NSABiqrCPzGtTY6

Still in search of another rear strut.

NICE! I was extremely tempted on the springs. Can't wait to see how they look

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]