TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: January 15, 2022, 09:50:17 PM 
Started by rcicustoms - Last post by mr_gr1mm
So I managed to finally purchase and install my new headlights.. I hit a couple of unexpected snags during the install, hoping someone out there can provide a little guidance (sorry if my explanation is not the best):

1) The replacement h4 bulbs do not mate with the existing headlight socket
2) I know I need a relay kit, and I feel pretty confident I can install one, I just don't know which kit would be best. It seems they are designed to install in place using the existing socket, so I'm a bit confused given the fact that I now need new sockets for the replacement bulbs. I'm also not sure what the amperage rating of the relay kit needs to be.

At any rate, here are what the headlights look like mounted.. I can't wait to get them wired up!
https://imgur.com/gallery/mcrdKzI

on: January 11, 2022, 08:50:38 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
I went from NC to IL one time to get one.....lol

on: January 10, 2022, 06:18:35 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
I think you said you didn't do the FB group but that might be your best bet.
Also www.car-part.com

I have shipped XR2 transmissions before, they're like 80lbs or something, not insane

Unfortunately, the cost to ship will probably be more than the cost of the transmission.

Yeah, but I enjoy a good road trip. As long as it's not way out in Cali or something, I'd probably just go get it.

on: January 10, 2022, 09:31:00 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
Also www.car-part.com

I have shipped XR2 transmissions before, they're like 80lbs or something, not insane

Unfortunately, the cost to ship will probably be more than the cost of the transmission.

on: January 09, 2022, 03:39:19 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Rocketman
Also www.car-part.com

on: January 09, 2022, 11:01:40 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Haven't heard back from the previous gentleman I had arranged to buy a transmission from, so here we are. I'm looking to buy an entire transmission/transaxle assembly from anyone that has one laying around. The less mileage on it, the more I'll pay. I don't need to flywheel, clutch, or pressure plate. I do need the rest of it though. I can pick it up, or pay for shipping if you're too far away. Needs to be from an XR2, the base model Capri uses a different, weaker transmission.

Reply here, or PM me. If this ad is still up, I'm still looking.

on: January 07, 2022, 08:46:55 AM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by johnpic
Thanks for the replies. I did cover it up before the snow came & probably won't work on it until Spring. So Rocketman, do you live in the Lehigh Valley or nearby? John

on: January 07, 2022, 08:40:58 AM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by greywolf27030
My '91 has to have a regular applications of WD40 to work well. On the lock mechanism and the latch mechanism. If you did break the little plastic loop on the handle, the handle is reversible so you can use it on the other side. Good luck.

on: January 06, 2022, 08:32:13 PM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by Rocketman
Didn't realize you were in the lehigh valley! Howdy neighbor!

My one capri the door handle was real finicky, there's a specific way I had to grab the door & handle and apply pressure to get it to open.

The somewhat good news is the Capri is stupid easy to break into, what with the lack of a window frame. A piece of steel rod or straightened coat hanger can slip past the window trim and grab the interior door handle without much effort

Once open you can unscrew the door panel and get a look inside to see if anything is broken or needs adjustment

on: January 06, 2022, 01:37:51 PM 
Started by johnpic - Last post by johnpic
Well we may get 2-4 inches of snow here in the Lehigh Valley so I figured this would be a good time to put the battery on a tender & cover up the car. Good idea except neither door will open. I had a problem with the passenger door from day one & when I went to open the driver's door today it unlocked but something felt like it broke when I pulled up on the handle. Oh well, I may as well get some use from AAA since I pay for a membership. John

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10