TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: March 26, 2024, 10:51:38 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by Blobfish
I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

Nice!  8)

Which side?

Left

on: March 26, 2024, 06:26:23 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by EShepherd
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement aluminum lid that goes on the headlight motor as I've lost one of them.
Let me know how much you want for it if you have one and postage to California.

Which side? I'm pretty sure they are shaped differently. I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

on: March 25, 2024, 04:45:44 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by Blobfish
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement aluminum lid that goes on the headlight motor as I've lost one of them.
Let me know how much you want for it if you have one and postage to California.

on: March 19, 2024, 08:54:00 AM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by greywolf27030
A vacuums leak will do that. Maybe the IAC.

on: March 18, 2024, 07:39:00 PM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by CapriManxr2
So I just rebuilt my motor and when I went to turn it over for the first time it shot up to 3k and it sounds like the throttle is pinned. So I disconnected the cable and turned it on again and it still runs away to 3-3.5k rpm. Is this normal for the first startup? I wouldn’t be worried if it sounded like it was idling but it sounds like the throttle is pinned.

on: March 16, 2024, 10:45:32 PM 
Started by bryanknight - Last post by bryanknight
She is alive once again!! Have a couple problems to work out tho!! You guys still around ?

on: March 15, 2024, 07:10:49 PM 
Thanks for the confirmation, and I’ll order waffle fries next time. I still don’t know where the line goes for the disconnected hose in the 3rd pic, do you know where it goes?

Edit: it just doesn’t seem right because I have 3 oil lines and one coolant line? I have the two oil lines in the first picture that go straight to the block, one is a metal line with the banjo nut and the other is a rubber hose. The third oil line is the line that goes directly into the oil pan in the second picture. So I have three oil lines and one coolant line?

on: March 15, 2024, 05:56:45 PM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by EShepherd
The issue is in the bottom of picture #2. Can't use crinkle cut fries on the Capri, they've gotta be waffle fries.

Sorry I had to. So the oil drain line in that picture is definitely correct. The first picture looks right, but my short term memory is awful so let me go look at my car and get back to you on that. Same with the third one. I believe those are coolant feed/return for the turbo.

Edit - Put a hose clamp on the block side of that oil drain line. You really, really don't want that to vibrate off while driving.

Double edit - It all looks right to me, just attach the line in the 3rd pic and get some hose clamps

on: March 15, 2024, 05:36:37 PM 
I’m mostly confused by the lines that are on the cold side of the turbo. Theres the line that goes above the air inlet that I’m most confused by because I can’t figure out where it goes. And then there’s the line that runs under the air inlet that I’m not too sure if I hooked it up right. I tried checking techcapri.com but it seems to be down sadly.

on: March 15, 2024, 05:32:53 PM 
So I’m on the last steps of rebuilding my motor and I’m stuck on son of the lines coming off the turbo. I circled all the ones I’m stuck on. Does anyone have a diagram/picture of a completed oil/coolant line assembly?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10