TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: April 11, 2024, 02:45:41 PM 
Started by McClain - Last post by McClain
For some odd reason it didn't work for a few weeks then last night i went to try it again and it just worked great, i have no idea what changed but I'm not gonna try and find out and end up breaking it again.

on: March 30, 2024, 10:43:17 AM 
Started by McClain - Last post by greywolf27030
Maybe a bad switch?

on: March 29, 2024, 06:50:26 PM 
Started by quelfboy99 - Last post by McClain
Just did my clutch and had to do a new slave cylinder. Best to drop the cross bar at the bottom for best access because I tried to do it with it in and it was very hard. Also if make sure you correctly bleed the slave cylinder because it caused me a lot of trouble to get it right, best bet is to compress it with a c clamp and then attach the hose with fluid in it or it will fill with air at the end of the slave cylinder and won’t bleed out but also won’t give you enough pressure to move the clutch. That’s my two cents on it though!

on: March 29, 2024, 06:46:19 PM 
Started by McClain - Last post by McClain
I have a 91 NA capri with 50,000 miles, sadly hit that today, recently my turn signal switch was very floppy and not stay up, it got very annoying after a while so I bought a new turn signal column, after putting it in everything works perfectly except for my brights, when I start to pull the turn signal back the brights turn on but when I pull it all the way back and click it into place, it turns all the lights off, and if I wait it will put the headlights off, all the plugs and everything are the same as the old one. It also fits perfectly but I can figure out why it isn’t working, it turns the brights on but when I go to make them stay on it turns the lights off, I am at a loss for what it could be, I have check the interior fuse box and the main engine box, but I feel like I am missing something, any help is much appreciated! Love this site so much!!

on: March 29, 2024, 03:14:09 AM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by Rocketman
The rubber hose into the barbed fitting on the block goes into the water jacket, it is the coolant source.
The coolant return is the steel coolant bypass pipe that wraps around the block above the exhaust manifold directly between the water pump inlet and the heater core
The Banjo bolt on the block to the steel hard line is the oil source, drain is into the oil pan

on: March 26, 2024, 10:51:38 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by Blobfish
I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

Nice!  8)

Which side?

Left

on: March 26, 2024, 06:26:23 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by EShepherd
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement aluminum lid that goes on the headlight motor as I've lost one of them.
Let me know how much you want for it if you have one and postage to California.

Which side? I'm pretty sure they are shaped differently. I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

on: March 25, 2024, 04:45:44 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by Blobfish
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement aluminum lid that goes on the headlight motor as I've lost one of them.
Let me know how much you want for it if you have one and postage to California.

on: March 19, 2024, 08:54:00 AM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by greywolf27030
A vacuums leak will do that. Maybe the IAC.

on: March 18, 2024, 07:39:00 PM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by CapriManxr2
So I just rebuilt my motor and when I went to turn it over for the first time it shot up to 3k and it sounds like the throttle is pinned. So I disconnected the cable and turned it on again and it still runs away to 3-3.5k rpm. Is this normal for the first startup? I wouldn’t be worried if it sounded like it was idling but it sounds like the throttle is pinned.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10