TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: September 17, 2018, 10:29:25 PM 
Started by LGCapri - Last post by Rocketman
Launching a Capri even without launch control is very hard on the transmission. The open differential has some weak points that would severely limit its life. Burnouts, particularly one wheel wonders, will cause a rapid, un-timely death of your transmission

on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:12 PM 
Started by mikeh - Last post by Incubus828
A few questions:

-Willing to ship to 47904 or are you close by?
-Radiator? We need to replace ours in a 91 turbo model
-Headlight motor assemblies? I would need both
-What color is the car? We need a red rear passenger fender
-Parking brake line/assembly?
-Driver side seat rail?
-Front Bumper (if car is red)

As you can tell, my 91 Xr2 is in need of some TLC haha

My name is Justin btw

on: September 17, 2018, 06:50:32 PM 
Started by Norcenkan - Last post by Norcenkan
I have no taillights or dash lights . Brake lights work. Fuses are good. Bulbs are good.

1994 non turbo

What's next?

on: September 17, 2018, 03:21:36 PM 
Started by herdfan75 - Last post by herdfan75
I drove it this weekend and sure enough, it began running too hot on the interstate but did fine in stop and go traffic (in 87 degree heat).  So I'm sure it's a circulation problem.  I'll flush everything as I said and install a new thermostat (and probably a new fan switch while I'm at it just in case the one on the car now is a little lazy).  Hopefully this will fix it!

on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:56 PM 
I found an attachment for my small shop vac that has a 1/2 flexible hose that I believe will fit down in the vents (I can add to it if necessary).  I believe this is where the smell is coming from because I've cleaned everything else.  I'll report back!

on: September 17, 2018, 03:18:44 PM 
I believe the drains are at the top corner of the fenders as I found a bunch of debris down in there. I'm going to try to flush those out and get all the gunk out of there.  I'll report back.

on: September 17, 2018, 02:23:21 PM 
Started by CapriXR92814 - Last post by CapriXR92814
Hello everyone; I picked up a XR2 and have been nose deep in the forum for a few weeks. I would like to introduce myself (Jeremiah) and get to know everyone. This little video I took explains the basics as I'm about to head to work.

Big plans are ahead possibly; dependent on how much this car grows on me. I recommend watching the video until I have time to add my flurry of pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88kIkXXvN-o

on: September 16, 2018, 01:02:00 AM 
Started by LGCapri - Last post by LGCapri
Has anyone ever put a launch control on their Capri? If so can you link parts and let me know how it is done?

I know I've been asking quite a few questions, but I'm glad that you guys are consistent with the responses.

on: September 15, 2018, 12:25:38 PM 
Started by greywolf27030 - Last post by greywolf27030
Wanted to throw this out there to you guys about interest in a mini-meet for NC & SC owners in early October at Deals Gap ~ The Dragon's Tail? I went to school up there and got to know many other good roads around Fontana Dam.

That sounds like a cool thing to do.

Jack Byrd

on: September 15, 2018, 09:23:55 AM 
Started by jdmayhorn - Last post by 5570xr2
Sold - to me.  Don't worry, she is in good hands...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]