TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: June 09, 2018, 10:40:09 PM 
Started by ShelbyZ - Last post by Turtle
need the headlight motor's relay module that is located under the radio.  Do you have and how much? 

on: June 06, 2018, 10:24:53 PM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by WashiestSnake
Yup white smoke. The oil was in my radiator. The engine oil hasn't mixed it looks like it's a normal color, as it should be. From what it seems I've had a small leak sense January at the least And when I went out on the highway it finally got to the point it couldn't take it anymore. I'll be posting pictures as I get it torn apart. I'll also be replacing the timing belt while I'm in there. I drove it maybe for a total of 30 seconds with it overheated, but it was bad enough it ended up consuming all the coolant in the radiator. I ended up having to put water in the so it had enough time for the heat to stay there. What else would you guys change while I'm in there? What's intresting is when I did my oil change  last month I had no signs of coolant in the oil.

on: June 06, 2018, 09:52:03 PM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by Rocketman
Is it smoking? Is there oil/water mixing?

Don't do the 180 thermostat. It causes way more problems than it may solve. Stick with the OEM 195

on: June 06, 2018, 07:51:21 PM 
Started by Greg_B - Last post by pilotlars
LMAO!! Pepperidge Farms remembers...

on: June 06, 2018, 11:38:56 AM 
Started by greywolf27030 - Last post by greywolf27030
Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" box without any other numbers or characters.
Please note: Orders are placed online at RockAuto.com. Discount cannot be applied once an order is marked as shipped.
The discount takes 5% off our reliably low prices. There is no limit on order size or the number of orders.
This discount code expires on August 5, 2018 so do not wait!

on: June 06, 2018, 11:24:03 AM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by greywolf27030
Dang, that's tough.  Good luck with it.
Jack Byrd

on: June 06, 2018, 09:25:05 AM 
Started by Greg_B - Last post by Gaz
I remember when photo-bucket was not a piece of hairy garbage, as does pepperidge farm.

I would design it with 1 4 ft section of 1" PVC inside the next size up, so it's adjustable, for the forward portion. With strong, coated metal brackets on the end to secure the underside and to not intrude into the space you need to mount it to the car.

[------======]

For the backside, I would use perhaps two shallow, flat hooks like that of a gun rack, to hold the rear. I had toyed with the idea of flush-mounting some high strength, semi hidden rope mounts or hooks into the blank quarter of the hardtop, but I haven't tried it yet.

on: June 06, 2018, 09:21:12 AM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by WashiestSnake
I have unfortunate news. My car blew it's head gasket there were signs earlier that it was going south but I didn't pay attention to it. When I changed my spark plugs I saw that the threads were rusted due to condensation in the cylinder. I ended up changing the valve cover gasket as I saw it was leaking and might of been the culprit. I believe my thermostat must have broken or something as when the car overheated it was almost immediately. I ended up pulling off the highway the second I saw it, but it was too late the head gasket was toast. I'll end up redoing it, with a Comedic Gasket and ARP Studs. After that I'll probably get a aluminium radiator and new 180f thermostat to make sure it doesn't happen again.

on: June 06, 2018, 09:11:12 AM 
Started by ShaneOss - Last post by ShaneOss
 ;)

on: June 06, 2018, 01:39:14 AM 
Started by pilotlars - Last post by pilotlars
I'm not used to that, the yards here have NO idea which vehicles they have nor which parts. I have to continually drive over and walk around looking for certain cars. My Capri had the lower left stone shield and nothing else. I bought the rubber radiator air seal piece for under the bumper but don't see how it attaches. Some of my lower bumper is torn off. There's also no splash shield at the forward edge of engine (behind the right front wheel) so the crankshaft pulley and belts are exposed. I don't like that.  There's a lower right stone shield for sale on ebay, I may get that too. I've also seen one that seems to connect the bumper to the underside of the car.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]