TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: October 12, 2018, 08:48:41 PM 
Started by themann633 - Last post by badboy59
Do you have the Rear hardtop defrost switch

on: October 12, 2018, 06:45:20 PM 
Started by blueamber - Last post by WashiestSnake
Lots of Mazda parts fit. I'll get a list from my work when I can you can't get Capri headstuds from AutoZone or Nappa but you can get Miata head stuts from Mahe and those fit perfectly. It's weird they don't cross check for the engine that way.

on: October 12, 2018, 05:18:12 PM 
Started by Grimsleeper - Last post by greywolf27030
Just bolted this up lower chin spolier up today, along with tinting the original Hella fog lamps with yellow film and a heat gun. I took some measurements of my Capri XR2 I bought a few weeks ago and the 90-99 SW20 Toyota MR2 and found that their (the two cars) front chin spoilers basically bolt up, with only needing to be trimmed about 2 inches on either side of the vehicle, where it meets the fender wheel well. For those wondering, it is what was known as "CX Style", if you were searching for it online. Not sure if this is “old hat” knowledge, but I thought I’d pass it on, since it provides more cooling and perhaps a bit more down force. Aesthetically, it looks MADE for the car. I plan on painting the top half of it to match the car and the weathered black bumper trim to make it more blended in the coming weeks. As you can see it "blends" nicely with the lines of the fog lights and almost could have been a factory option it fits with so little modification.

Really nice modification, want one.

Jack Byrd

on: October 12, 2018, 05:14:46 PM 
Started by greywolf27030 - Last post by greywolf27030
https://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-mercury-capri-xr2-turbo/6710817943.html

Jack Byrd

on: October 12, 2018, 12:52:04 PM 
Started by Babycar Mom - Last post by Babycar Mom
Thanks.  Pending evaluation.  I ordered a no-squeal alt belt from Russ so we can do that at the same time. 

on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:13 AM 
Started by blueamber - Last post by blueamber
Something I would like to see is a listing of where to find parts for our cars, all on one list.  i am working on a FAQ, to be shared in as many places as I can get to.  Posts here will wind up in the FAQ if you can include personal experiences on purchases, or identify sources.

For example, the Dorman 20786 is a readily available brake or clutch pedal rubber pad for 5 speed cars.  Autozone sells for $5.99, says they don't fit our cars, but they do,,, also cheap on ebay.

on: October 12, 2018, 04:13:22 AM 
Started by herdfan75 - Last post by MichaelCapri
If you can find a 91 to 93 tail light, the sockets in it will work in the 94.  I saw them out and glue in with fiberglass cloth. You can use an LED replacement bulb to keep heat down, make sure the bulb will fit lengthwise in the repaired socket.

I have same problem with mit 1994 Capri. Many thanks for this helpfull hint !

on: October 12, 2018, 12:59:45 AM 
Started by Krymac - Last post by MichaelCapri
Hi,
i have also the problem with the noisy belt. i change belt, new alternator bearings and also the pully from the alternator. My last hope is that the hamronic balancer is out of tolerance. Iproble is that i donīt find i new one... have somebody a hint for me where to buy. I try rockauto.com, but i donīt find it there. My Capri is from 1994 with the N/A 1,6 Motor and Automatic gearbox.
Thanks for help

on: October 12, 2018, 12:44:47 AM 
Started by rry315 - Last post by MichaelCapri
Itīs an old post but i know the problem. I have the some one 2 times after winter and empty batterys.
The ecu from the airbag have 4 big capacitors and some small. The dry out with the time and then the needed loaded voltage isnīt get the right value in a definated time.
changing this capacitors would help me. ( 1.st time a take an old ecu from a Ford Probe.. Itīs the same one, 2nd time a change the capacitors and the unit would be run perfectly )

on: October 12, 2018, 12:21:48 AM 
Started by LGCapri - Last post by Rocketman
The Capri has a bypass valve from the factory. It is connected to the crossover pipe on top of the valvecover. You can remove it and add your own BOV there. The return end must be capped off then

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10