TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
 on: July 15, 2018, 05:17:34 PM 
Started by Surfnut - Last post by Rocketman
Yes, the BP is longer, IIRC roughly an inch longer.

It will bolt to the XR2 transmission.

on: July 15, 2018, 09:29:41 AM 
Started by Skip13 - Last post by Skip13
There is no boost on gage the car just has no power no matter how hard I step on the gas peddle. Just will not get up and go limps along. Go up a hill in steadily drops speed no matter which gear its in. The A/C works just fine. Sitting there the engine revs up but in gear forget it

on: July 14, 2018, 10:06:26 PM 
Started by Surfnut - Last post by Surfnut
Thanks Rocket.  :)

Do you know if the BP series engines are dimensionally larger?  My stock XR-2 engine is VERY tight in my car.  I probably don't have 3/8" from the frame rail to the pulleys. 

Will a BP engine mate (easily) to an XR2 transmission?

Thank you,

Dave

on: July 14, 2018, 09:04:59 PM 
Started by Ricksservice - Last post by capriBill
Will the sign-up be on http://www.caprigathering.com/

I had signed up by this time in the past. Please keep me informed.

on: July 14, 2018, 03:58:30 PM 
Started by Ronaldhoff - Last post by Ronaldhoff
I would like to add fog lights to my 94 Capri N/A.  I canít find any connections for them in the wiring harness which is peculiar.  My 92 Capri N/A has fog lights.  What gives?

on: July 14, 2018, 02:49:31 AM 
Started by rls120 - Last post by Rocketman
Once the tensioner bolt is tightened, it locks in place and won't move til the next time you're in there.
The procedure is a little odd, but it seems to work just fine, I have done it many times

on: July 14, 2018, 02:47:13 AM 
Started by Surfnut - Last post by Rocketman
[whispers]go BP man.... [/whispers]

I'm not in tune with the engine building world. I think the BPPerformance guys are doing that thing right now. I'd bet there's some pretty established Miata engine builders out there too

That said, 115k is still pretty decent

on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:16 PM 
Started by Rocketman - Last post by rls120
Thanks!

Non interference is great news.   I don't mind if it leaves me walking, but I didn't want to destroy it.

on: July 13, 2018, 05:51:40 AM 
Started by ShelbyZ - Last post by kidwhimpy
I am looking for rear struts if you still have. Is it the sport rear?   Thanks.  Also looking for passenger side convertible top handle if you still have. 

on: July 12, 2018, 10:30:22 PM 
Started by Surfnut - Last post by Surfnut
Hi Guys,

For quite a while now I've been kicking around the idea of swapping out my stock '91 XR-2 engine and transmission for a fresh performance built XR2 engine and trans. - but I need someone to build me a new motor first.

There's nothing wrong with my drive train but it's got about 115K miles on it and I sure wouldn't mind having a fresh, well-built engine.  I'm not looking for a 100% ultimate performance motor that's tuned to the last of its life....but I'd still like the power to be in the 180+horsepower range while keeping the engine extremely reliable (and hopefully very long lasting).

Does anyone have any recommendations as to who can build me a new, complete drive train? 

Or who to stay away from?

And obviously, how much might this long-standing daydream cost me?

I don't want to do any work building the new drive train - all I want to do is install the ready-to-go new motor into my car so I need a smart person to do the thinking and wrenching.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dave

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10