TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: May 29, 2018, 12:21:47 AM 
Started by Int_Doggo - Last post by Rocketman
Did you have advance warning?

I was driving a Capri (not mine) when it threw two rods. It sounded horrible, I should not have driven it. It ended up being a good thing in the long run after a lot of work (n/a to turbo conversion) But I had plenty of warning

on: May 28, 2018, 11:02:52 PM 
Started by boomingbeetle - Last post by boomingbeetle

on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:03 PM 
Motor Stuff:

on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:01 PM 
Interior:

on: May 28, 2018, 10:36:23 PM 
Some more exterior shots

on: May 28, 2018, 10:32:11 PM 
trying this:

on: May 28, 2018, 10:27:05 PM 
Photos coming soon.  I have about 100 pics in a google images album but they don't show here when I put the URL into the [ img ]  [ /img ]

on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:53 PM 
Hello all, I have decided to sell my Capri.  I will be moving later this summer and own 6 cars... time to downsize. It is a very cherry prime example of an XR2 Turbo, you will not find another like this anytime soon.  Very fast and very fun, it is a blast to drive and is in great shape mechanically.  It was owned by one family and lived it's whole life in SoCal before I bought it, 135,000 miles. comes with about $5,000 in receipts over the last 5 years including a full top-end rebuild (complete head rebuild), reupholstered seats and new carpet, new convertible top, new clutch, tie-rods and much more all done about 15,000 miles ago.  I'll be asking $3,000 on craigslist but will take $2500 from a Team Capri member.  I will sell or keep driving over the summer until it's time to move.  PM me here or send email to my gmail account, reywdd@

Pros:
-Rocketchip (16psi and 7200rpm)
-VJ 14/11 hybrid turbo with ported wastegate
-new plugs, wires, , battery, cap and rotor
-new fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter
-radiator flushed and cleaned, thermostat housing disassembled, cleaned, and filed flat. new gasket
-many soft oil and coolant lines replaced
-new front tires (rears have lots of tread, starting to show dry cracks)
-new BOV and boost controller set to 15psi
-New clutch, timing belt, brakes, convertible top, interior, rebuilt head all by previous owner 15,000 miles ago
-CD/MP3 player
-Power windows, pop-up lights, blower, heater, turn signal, fog lights, washers, mirror lights, locks, seat adjusters and seat belts, radio, and other general mechanics and electrical work as they should.
-tags good to October, passed emissions with no problems.
-no check engine light, ABS light, Air Bag Light or other warning lights
-Some extra parts like top latches, TPS, air filter, cone-filter adapter, etc.  I will also include the rest of the VJ-11 donor turbo if you want to upgrade to a V11/T-bird in the future

Cons
-A/C does not blow cold.  Compressor turns on and the car has been converted to R134a, don't know what the issue is
-Small dents, scratches, chips, and spots of fading paint on exterior.  No accidents

on: May 28, 2018, 10:21:04 PM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by chrispoe
The cruise/horn is one circuit that is feed power via the 20A STOP fuse and is separate from the panel illumination. The steering wheel cruise buttons receive 12V power from the horn relay signal wire when the horn is not in use.

The most common issue is the terminals on the horn relay (mounted on the side of the driverside headlight bucket) corrode away.

on: May 28, 2018, 09:55:22 PM 
Started by Int_Doggo - Last post by WashiestSnake
Ahh that's sucks man. Were you over-revving the engine? What caused it to shoot a rod? Atleast you have a Mazda derivative car, you could probably use the Sephia motor as a swap in you're next Capri if its a BP.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]