TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: September 17, 2018, 11:11:10 PM 
Started by Incubus828 - Last post by Incubus828
Hey there,

I'm a pretty fresh newbie for the Xr2's. Recently got a 91, and am having an interesting issue with the shifter that I haven't experienced before. When going to shift into any gear other than 1st, the shift knob seems to fall a few inches and you can't shift into gear unless you lift it back up to some sort of sweet spot. Super annoying when driving in town because I find myself shifting in and out of gears a lot more than on the highway (of course).

Any thoughts on what this is? Also any solutions?

Thanks in advance

-Justin

on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:30 PM 
Started by herdfan75 - Last post by Rocketman
It does indeed sound like a circulation problem.

on: September 17, 2018, 10:36:51 PM 
Started by Norcenkan - Last post by Rocketman
Hmm. Sounds like it could be related to the headlight switch, with both the dash lights & the tail lights failing to chooch.
Have a poke at it with the multimeter? There are wiring diagrams on tech-capri, you can see which color wires to expect continuity on when the switch is in the ON position

on: September 17, 2018, 10:32:49 PM 
Started by 5570xr2 - Last post by Rocketman
If you find a competent welder, it can absolutely be welded and should not be an issue in the future. Yes they do fatigue and crack, I have one that cracked on me as well.
I want to make a new bracket with more meat, longer throw of adjustment, possibly with a proper tensioning mechanism instead of the "jam a tire iron in there and yank" method
I have waaaaay too many of these "i want to make" projects. hah

on: September 17, 2018, 10:29:25 PM 
Started by LGCapri - Last post by Rocketman
Launching a Capri even without launch control is very hard on the transmission. The open differential has some weak points that would severely limit its life. Burnouts, particularly one wheel wonders, will cause a rapid, un-timely death of your transmission

on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:12 PM 
Started by mikeh - Last post by Incubus828
A few questions:

-Willing to ship to 47904 or are you close by?
-Radiator? We need to replace ours in a 91 turbo model
-Headlight motor assemblies? I would need both
-What color is the car? We need a red rear passenger fender
-Parking brake line/assembly?
-Driver side seat rail?
-Front Bumper (if car is red)

As you can tell, my 91 Xr2 is in need of some TLC haha

My name is Justin btw

on: September 17, 2018, 06:50:32 PM 
Started by Norcenkan - Last post by Norcenkan
I have no taillights or dash lights . Brake lights work. Fuses are good. Bulbs are good.

1994 non turbo

What's next?

on: September 17, 2018, 03:21:36 PM 
Started by herdfan75 - Last post by herdfan75
I drove it this weekend and sure enough, it began running too hot on the interstate but did fine in stop and go traffic (in 87 degree heat).  So I'm sure it's a circulation problem.  I'll flush everything as I said and install a new thermostat (and probably a new fan switch while I'm at it just in case the one on the car now is a little lazy).  Hopefully this will fix it!

on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:56 PM 
I found an attachment for my small shop vac that has a 1/2 flexible hose that I believe will fit down in the vents (I can add to it if necessary).  I believe this is where the smell is coming from because I've cleaned everything else.  I'll report back!

on: September 17, 2018, 03:18:44 PM 
I believe the drains are at the top corner of the fenders as I found a bunch of debris down in there. I'm going to try to flush those out and get all the gunk out of there.  I'll report back.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]