TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:18 PM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by Rocketman
Maybe I missed it, what's the cost on one of these systems? 2.25"

on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:37 AM 
Started by Stickshifter6 - Last post by Stickshifter6
I need the rubber hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube for a NA Capri. Mine is super brittle and cracked. Thanks!

on: August 08, 2018, 09:23:24 AM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by Gaz
Right on. I'm hoping to get on the dyno once I port the wastegate, just to have a baseline for what this header should do.

on: August 07, 2018, 05:05:23 PM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by jdp
I would be happy to look at the price for 2" as well and let me smoke this over to decide how far I want to go.  I am not interested in ricer sound. Prefer something more deeper or throatier sounding.  The last video you had posted on this thread was starting to sound pretty good to me.  I have two xr2's, 92 and 94 and my wife has 94 NA, so opportunity for multiple systems across some time exist here.  If the header becomes reality, I would consider trying it on one of the xr2's.

on: August 07, 2018, 05:04:04 PM 
Started by iamthephoenix29200542 - Last post by iamthephoenix29200542
I read somewhere that it should be at 3000 at 70. I could be wrong though. 

on: August 07, 2018, 12:16:01 PM 
I could certainly build you a 2" kit if you like, I would recommend doing standard compression bent exhaust at that point, as it adds a smaller percentage of flow reduction than its mandrel counterpart.

on: August 07, 2018, 11:59:39 AM 
Started by iamthephoenix29200542 - Last post by jdp
It will be 3800 at 70 mph on these cars.   You indicate xr2.  The have cable system for clutch, not hydralic like the NA.

on: August 07, 2018, 11:57:17 AM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by jdp
I understand you concern on boost control.  I know some of the folks on the facebook group are advocates for not going larger than 2" if you are wanting to bump up the boost and keep it simple.   Simple is where I am at for my age these days.   I am in eastern NC, so winters are not harsh and we only drive our capris on nice days. 

on: August 07, 2018, 11:36:14 AM 
Started by Gaz - Last post by greywolf27030
Cool idea.

Jack Byrd

on: August 07, 2018, 11:28:27 AM 
Gaz.... what is the makeup of that kit and cost?   I am in eastern NC, zip 28590, if you can give me a shipping estimate as well.  I have a 92 xr2 that I bought a few months ago.  I have not done anything to it yet, but it needs brakes, paint job and exhaust, so I may consider what you are doing.  I really don't plan to do much else to it except get a rocketchip from Matt and open the boost a little.

thanks....John

I'll be putting together prices more accurately over the next week, so stay tuned for that.

All of the kits I've built so far are aluminized steel with mild steel flanges, which will last a while as long as you don't drive in the winter and was your undercarriage periodically. It's mostly a cost thing, as stainless costs so much more than standard aluminized.

As far as turning up the boost, our stock wastegate ports are too small to effectively control boost after exhaust modification, so I'd put that on your to-do list before opening up the exhaust on that bad boy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10