TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:03:15 PM 
Started by Seth - Last post by mr_gr1mm
Thanks Greywolf/Jdp!

Yeah I noticed there was a FB group - but I haven't had a FB account for almost 10 years and don't really plan to get one (I guess that makes me old school as well :P). My Capri is not the XR2 unfortunately so no turbo :( also, to answer your question my post about radios was here: http://www.teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,4425.0.html. Jdp - yes my '91 capri is a soft top, that #5 response was just an answer to the question: "what would you like if they made the Capri today?" - so apologies for not being too clear on that!

Thanks again to both of you, looking forward to learning a lot about my Capri and connecting with people who share the same interests!

on: Today at 08:40:02 AM 
Started by Seth - Last post by jdp
Welcome Gr1mmy.....Your capri should already have a soft top. The top and frame is stowed behind the back seat unless someone had removed it. If the hardtop has been on the car for a while, the top may be in bad shape or dry rotted.  If you pull down the felt fabric in the trunk behind the back seat, you should see it.  if you take the hardtop off, be sure to not lose any of the bolts.  they are hard to come by.

on: September 23, 2021, 10:06:10 AM 
Started by Seth - Last post by greywolf27030
Welcome grimmy, I also kinda backed into the Capri business myself. I'm old school and the Capri was the first fuel injection car I ever worked on. You're right in that there isn't a lot of action here anymore. 1991-1994 Mercury Capri Owners Group on FB has more action. I like the forum because there is a lot of info here that is in much more detail that on FB. You didn't mention if you have a base or an XR2, but there are special forums for each. I don't recall seeing a post for stereos, what was your question? Don't worry about questions, we were all newbies at one time although a few members sometime forget that. Once again, welcome.

on: September 23, 2021, 06:38:48 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Thanks guys :)

I got the rings on the first piston yesterday, however ran out of time to get it into the block or finish the other three. I'll try to squeeze out some time tonight, but who knows.

I do very much need to find a new short nose crank bolt, ASAP. It's that, an MLS gasket, and getting the head surface skimmed that are holding me up. Once that's all done, and I find a new tranny, the car should be ready to be put back together. If anyone knows where I can find any of that.

on: September 22, 2021, 11:06:08 PM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by Aus Capri
Looking good man! The deck of the block looks amazing!

on: September 22, 2021, 02:51:05 PM 
Started by Seth - Last post by mr_gr1mm
Hey everyone - brand new '91 Capri owner here. I happened to stumble upon this forum in hopes of learning a little bit about my car. I'm also brand new to mechanic-type work in general, but was hoping to educate myself as I work on my Capri as a little project car. So far I love the car - but am a bit disappointed that there isn't a lot of activity on this forum ( I posted a response to aftermarket stereos about a week ago and no one has replied yet :( ). I have a lot of questions but I'm trying not to be annoying by spamming the forum with my ignorance. If anyone is able to help out, I would seriously appreciate any wisdom they have to offer.

Cheers!

Edit: I almost forgot to answer the 5 questions:

1. Call me gr1mmy :)
2. NY - USA
3. My Capri chose me. I was in a rather bad rear-end accident, and the '91 Capri was the best value for my price range when searching local cars for sale by owner. My favorite part about it is the flip up headlights (I've always wanted a car that has those)
4. Definitely either any generation of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or the Toyota Trueno
5. Making the Capri as a soft top would be most interesting to me

on: September 22, 2021, 11:12:11 AM 
Started by greywolf27030 - Last post by greywolf27030
Code: 185831380166283183

Your code expires on November 21, 2021, 12:00 Midnight CT, so do not wait!

on: September 22, 2021, 10:59:11 AM 
Started by Imber - Last post by greywolf27030
Glad I could help, good luck with it. There is usually someone here to help.

on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:51 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
Inspirational

on: September 22, 2021, 09:05:45 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Have some more pictures. Removed the tape (god damn, how satisfying) and I'm pretty happy with the paint job. Installed the oil squirters, with new copper washers. Installed the main bearings, checked them with plasti-gauge, then re-installed the mains and the crankshaft. I forgot to put the damn thrust bearings in though, so I'm going to need to remove the #2 main cap and drop those bad boys in. I also managed to lose my crankshaft bolt sometime in the last few months. Not the end of the world, since with the short-nose crank, I've been told it's best to replace it anyways. I jammed a bellhousing bolt in there, just so I had something I could stick a ratchet on and make sure the crank spins. It does, so we're in the money. Hopefully the trend continues when I get the rest of the rotating assembly in.

Can anyone point me in the direction to purchase a new crankshaft bolt for a short nose crank engine? Please and thank you.

Without further ado...

Paint:

Oil Squirters:

Main Bearing Clearance Check/Crankshaft Install:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10