TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 94 struts  (Read 3828 times)

nepacapri

94 struts
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »

I need to replace the struts on my 94 NA (auto), I've looked at the normal auto parts stores, parts ameria, auto zone etc...and they all list 90-93 struts and then they all don't have any struts for the 94.  I thought that on the 94 XR2 used a different strut, correct?  Can I use the 90-93 on mine?  Also, after 120,000 miles and 14 years should I also change out the springs?  Any other parts that normally wear out that I should be watching out for?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
94 struts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

91-93 struts should fit fine.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
94 struts
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

Hey Nepa! I changed out the struts on my '94 n/a last year and if I rememember correctly, the're the same as '91-'93. I haven't checked into the '94 XR2s yet. They do have a lower suspension. I have sport springs on two of my '91s and that did not call for a change in struts.That puts them at a similar height to the '94 XR2s. Pull one out and compare. Unless you notice a sagging in the front end or you intend to auto-cross race your car, I wouldn't replace the springs.  Good Luck!   Gus.