TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Yuri Demands....  (Read 3882 times)

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

Yuri demands that everybody routinely checks their lug nuts... make sure they are on and tight... i shall not say why i'm saying this now... i'm pretty sure it's self-explanatory.

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »

10-4 grant...
yes check that frequently ...
goes without saying really ...

actually, i put new tires on my car today...
 i figured if im gonna drive 300 miles each way... i cant trust the bald khumos any more...

i got a set of 205 40 zr16 BFGoodrich G force sports... so far i really like em but ive had them for one day ....
i liked the kumho 711 but i can tell already that the Gforce sports are a grippier tire...

ill say more after ive put the 600 miles on em...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

ya know, that reminds me of.. Bryan forgetting to hook the tie rod up on the left front wheel on the festiva we built.. and then he decided to go for a (quick spin) in the car.... his front wheel drove itself into the front bumper at about 10 mph. and came to a surprisingly slow stop... smoking the crap out of a 17in wheel with 40 series rubber right sideways, in the front of the car ...OMG that was funny.....cause noone got hurt...

220hp@18psi

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

i too have bald khumos.., I told my dad in spring that i needed new tires... he didn't believe me. now that he's actually bothered to look at them, he won't shut up about it... but i don't see him handing over his credit card for me to get new ones.

yen

Yuri Demands....
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

Once I had noticed that I had a lug nut missing from my front driver side wheel. Upon closer inspection it was not only the nut missing, the thread was gone too! Snapped off clean. Had to get a new one installed.
The new Kumho tyres I have on are pretty good, softer and I think fatter than my previous tyre even though they are both 205/45/16 size. Not as sporty though, omnidirectional tread.  
I had cheap and nasty tyres on before, anything would have been an upgrade.
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

ya, i noticed that a lug nut had fallen off because the wheel was making a strange bearing-sounds-dead thump-thump-thump... but not as loud