TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 198866 times)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Getting to know the members
« Reply #420 on: January 10, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »

Feeling like a school boy going on his first date!!!! Going to pick up Lil Red  (my first Capri) TOMORROW!!!!

Congratulations, this is a good time of year to buy one, but not such a good time to enjoy it....lol  You might also follow the FB page as it's a little more active.  Best of luck with it, let us know if you have any questions.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

LilRedCapri91

• 2017 Ram 1500, 1991 Capri rx-2
« Reply #421 on: January 10, 2020, 10:30:20 AM »

is there a link for the FB page up here...I looked for "Team Capri" and I couldn't find anything

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2020, 06:57:53 AM »

is there a link for the FB page up here...I looked for "Team Capri" and I couldn't find anything

Sorry, on FB it's "1991-1994 Mercury Capri Owner's Group".  There is also a "Capri Convertible" group and "Ford Capri Convertible Owners Group Australia" centered in Australia and a "Florida Capri Owners" group. The Florida group is having a meet Feb. 8, it was fun meeting these guys last year and am going again this year.  You can get info in the Meets section.  Hope this helps.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2021, 08:17:10 PM »

Hi. I am a new Capri owner & new to this group. First, I like to start by saying, I DO like the name Capri! Afterall, isn't it Italian designed?!
1. John Picarello (Also Italian designed!)
2. Macungie, PA (A hop, skip & a jump from Dorney Park)
3. I drive a Ford Explorer & though I really like it I've always missed driving sporty cars with manual transmissions. To me, driving a car with an automatic transmission ISN'T driving! I also wanted a 4 cylinder because I already contribute greatly to the oil companies by filling up the Explorer! I searched on my local Craigslist for a 4 cylinder, manual transmission vehicle, sold by owner & behold, this beautiful little red convertible popped up! The fact that it was a Mercury was an added bonus. It is hard to say what I like best about it. It is gorgeous, fun to drive, a convertible, a hardtop (yes, it came with that too!), it has a turbocharger, etc, etc, etc!
4. If money were no object my dream car would be...ANYTHING SHELBY!!!
5. I don't know if it is because it is so new to me but I can't think of anything I would want different if they started making them again.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »

Welcome, and your enthusisum is welcome also. I've been into them for 3 or 4 years now and love the little buggers. I have a 91, 92, and a 93 XR2's and have a great time with the. As you get more involved you'll discover under the skin they are a 1988 Mazda 323GT which make finding parts a lot easier.  Good luck and you're at a good place for assistance keeping it running.
Jack Byrd

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
« Reply #425 on: August 06, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »

Thanks Jack. I can already tell I'm at "a good place"! John

Fylde5

• 1992 White XR2
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »

1. My name is Bo
2. I'm from Alpine Lake, in the mountains of WV
3. I haven't bought it yet. I sold my 1969 Fiat 124 Sport of 19 years two years ago. I have always liked Capris and my wife finally saw one at Carlisle a year ago. So now after two years my wife said stop whining and find a convertible you want to drive.
4. Dream car would be an Austin Healey 3000 or Porsche 550 Spyder.
5. Keep it small, soft top, high revving 4 cylinders. Go retro but keep a space behind the front seats so you can take it on trips. Also go golfing with a partner and clubs not choose between the two.
The older I get, the better I was.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2021, 08:54:03 AM »

Greetings and welcome. Love the part of the country you are from. Perfect for Capri road trips. Sounds like you are the perfect owner for one. Expect a few problems from a 30 YO car that typically didn't get much use or maintenance.  Lots of knowledge here to draw from.  There are several for sale on the FB owners group right now. Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/210318449008872
Jack Byrd

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #428 on: September 22, 2021, 02:51:05 PM »

Hey everyone - brand new '91 Capri owner here. I happened to stumble upon this forum in hopes of learning a little bit about my car. I'm also brand new to mechanic-type work in general, but was hoping to educate myself as I work on my Capri as a little project car. So far I love the car - but am a bit disappointed that there isn't a lot of activity on this forum ( I posted a response to aftermarket stereos about a week ago and no one has replied yet :( ). I have a lot of questions but I'm trying not to be annoying by spamming the forum with my ignorance. If anyone is able to help out, I would seriously appreciate any wisdom they have to offer.

Cheers!

Edit: I almost forgot to answer the 5 questions:

1. Call me gr1mmy :)
2. NY - USA
3. My Capri chose me. I was in a rather bad rear-end accident, and the '91 Capri was the best value for my price range when searching local cars for sale by owner. My favorite part about it is the flip up headlights (I've always wanted a car that has those)
4. Definitely either any generation of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or the Toyota Trueno
5. Making the Capri as a soft top would be most interesting to me
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:58:53 PM by mr_gr1mm »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »

Welcome grimmy, I also kinda backed into the Capri business myself. I'm old school and the Capri was the first fuel injection car I ever worked on. You're right in that there isn't a lot of action here anymore. 1991-1994 Mercury Capri Owners Group on FB has more action. I like the forum because there is a lot of info here that is in much more detail that on FB. You didn't mention if you have a base or an XR2, but there are special forums for each. I don't recall seeing a post for stereos, what was your question? Don't worry about questions, we were all newbies at one time although a few members sometime forget that. Once again, welcome.
Jack Byrd

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2021, 08:40:02 AM »

Welcome Gr1mmy.....Your capri should already have a soft top. The top and frame is stowed behind the back seat unless someone had removed it. If the hardtop has been on the car for a while, the top may be in bad shape or dry rotted.  If you pull down the felt fabric in the trunk behind the back seat, you should see it.  if you take the hardtop off, be sure to not lose any of the bolts.  they are hard to come by.
John

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2021, 01:03:15 PM »

Thanks Greywolf/Jdp!

Yeah I noticed there was a FB group - but I haven't had a FB account for almost 10 years and don't really plan to get one (I guess that makes me old school as well :P). My Capri is not the XR2 unfortunately so no turbo :( also, to answer your question my post about radios was here: http://teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,4425.0.html. Jdp - yes my '91 capri is a soft top, that #5 response was just an answer to the question: "what would you like if they made the Capri today?" - so apologies for not being too clear on that!

Thanks again to both of you, looking forward to learning a lot about my Capri and connecting with people who share the same interests!

Original_Owner

• 1991 XR2
« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »

Hello Everyone - My name is Gary and I originally purchased an XR2 in Oct of 1990. I modified/upgraded and raced that car in multiple disciplines and had a small article in Super Ford Magazine. Unfortunately I ran out of driving talent and totaled the car on a snowy day in Feb of 94. I kept the car but family priorities took over and eventually parted the car and its go fast goodies out a few years later. The actual car shell going to a 323/Capri friend of mine. Flash forward to today and I recently purchased sight unseen a near replica of my XR2 with 50k. It needs work (The pics looked good) as it seems it has been sitting outside for sometime. My 323/Capri friend was kind enough, or gladly to clean out his garage of his/my old 323/Capri parts. I still have lots of work to do and as most parts are hard to find. I think a reasonable goal it to have it Autocross ready for the Carlisle Ford show in June of 2022.     

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2021, 07:47:56 AM »

Welcome to the community, glad to see someone who appreciates the possibilities a Capri has. There is  builds topic on the forum where you can post your restoration and modifications as you go along. It would be nice if you could detail what you are doing as you go along to provide information and inspiration to other members. Would like to know where you are located, I'm in NC and there are several others members here. Once again, welcome.
Jack Byrd

Original_Owner

• 1991 XR2
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2021, 11:18:55 AM »

I am located in Pennsylvania, about halfway between Allentown and Harrisburg. I will do my best to document the process. I am still in the planning stages, I have ideas I want to hash out and want to gather pieces before starting and I do not want to do things twice. Basically this car to me is unfinished business from years ago, it want fast "back in the day" and I want to show the kiddies that old stuff is/was fast and old guys can drive. Let me just say, my step-daughter has a Mini Cooper S that needs to be taught a lesson.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31