TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 198874 times)

Skunkwrkz

• 84' Porsche 928, 88' RX7 V8, 95 M3, 02 Celica GTS
Re: Getting to know the members
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »

It’s been a while since I’ve seen this question so here it is.
1.Name
2.Location
3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)

Hi,

My name is Ben and I live in Hendersonville, NC. I just recently bought a one owner, un-molested, red XR2 with 82K on it and a managed to snag a hard top the same day. I used to have a buddy, who has since passed away, that bought one of these new and we got into a lot of "trouble" in his in college...Good memories and the time was right to buy one so why not?. Dream Car? I already own mine as I bought a Euro-Spec 1984 Porsche 928S three years ago and it's everything I thought it was since I first saw "Risky Business" ;-) Last, I would like to see the Capri brought back perhaps as an AWD turbo vert'...Something eccentric like these cars.

d4rkangel

• 1993 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »

Hello all, my name is Brianna. I purchased my Capri in Michigan, but I have since moved to central Illinois. I was browsing craigslist, looking for a cheap project with a manual. This popped up, I did some research, and I fell in love. It wasn't in the best condition (still isn't), but I love that it is small, unique, and it needs a little bit of everything so it will be a good learning experience.
Dream cars are hard to pick, and I haven't been able to test drive and feel out many cars, so I would say I need to do more research before I can answer this question.
If the Capri came back, I think they should keep it a convertible, not make it into a hatchback. Keep it with a small, turbo engine with manual as an option. Make it an affordable weekend sports coupe, for those of us who can't afford corvette's.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »

Welcome Brianna, hope your Capri doesn't have many rust problems.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

d4rkangel

• 1993 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »

Thanks Jack. Luckily, my Capri was parked during the winters before I bought it, so it has minimal rust.

iamthephoenix29200542

• 92 mercury capri xr2
« Reply #394 on: February 03, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »

Did the 92 base models not have block heaters installed in them.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »

Did the 92 base models not have block heaters installed in them.

Greetings phoenix, base models did not have block heaters as standard.  If you go to the home page, there is an appropriate category for asking questions about N/A models.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

HarryN

• 1994 XR2
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »

Hi, just getting started on a Capri.

It is a 94 XR2.

Technically it belongs to my 21 year old son, who inherited it from my brother.

More or less it was parked in a garage most of its life and is essentially mint looking.

I am mostly on here to figure out a few items on it, parts sources, etc.

My sister in law kept it in quite good condition before shipping it to my son, but we are still learning.  So far it is just being used to teach my son how to drive a stick shift.

Thanks for the nice forum.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2019, 10:11:01 AM »

It is a 94 XR2.

More or less it was parked in a garage most of its life and is essentially mint looking.

My sister in law kept it in quite good condition before shipping it to my son, but we are still learning.  So far it is just being used to teach my son how to drive a stick shift.

Sweet, you have a rare one.  You're in the right place.  Tons of experience here.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

HarryN

• 1994 XR2
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2019, 08:01:13 PM »

It is a 94 XR2.

Sweet, you have a rare one.  You're in the right place.  Tons of experience here.

Jack Byrd

Thanks.  Its kind of a shame really.  My brother kept it virtually perfect and it only has 31K miles on it.  He loved that car.

My son already has a BMW 3 and doesn't really see any point in owning an "old car with a stick shift."

I am not sure how long he will keep it.

We just don't have a place here for a 4th car that nice.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2019, 05:25:18 PM »

To bad, if you should decide to sell it, depending on how much you want for it, it should be an easy sell because of the rarity.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

terrymetal

• 1992 Mercury Capri Convertible, 1979 Ford Ranchero
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2019, 07:06:52 PM »

Hello my name is Terry. Figured I may as well introduce myself since I plan on using this forum quite often while I repair, modify, upgrade and possibly butcher my 92 N/A. Just kidding!! LOL I love this little car though! It lacks power but I plan on replacing the engine with the BP at some point. For now I am enjoying it as is while I gather a host of parts and repairs which are daily since I did not pay much for this car. I live in south Atlanta, GA.  People stare at me every time I drive it because there is no emblems on the car and are so rare here few know what they are. Even in the largest salvage yards here I have only been able to find 3 and they have been picked clean of the best parts. I am a Kia Master Technician and I have been with them for roughly 10 years and have been a mechanic for more than 25 years probably closer to 30 years. My dream is to build a nice autocross or drag car/show car out of it and when I retire in a few years I will have enough time and money to invest in it. I enjoy reading all the posts and learning a few things I did not know before about these cars. To the Admins Great Forum folks!!  Thanks for allowing me to join!!  Take care Terry!!

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »

Welcome, love your choice of vehicles.  If you are planning a hot rod with a BP, sign on to the Festiva forum and on the FB page.  They do a lot more high performance work.  Carlos Rivera(spelling may not be right) has a street driven Festiva that does 125MPH in an eighth and builds engines for a living.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

terrymetal

• 1992 Mercury Capri Convertible, 1979 Ford Ranchero
« Reply #402 on: April 21, 2019, 11:41:36 PM »

Yeah Jack, My Ranchero is another project I am doing a frame off restoration on. I bought it 300 bucks at a former dealership I used to work at. Its got a 351M engine and a C6 Transmission. I was planning to install a 460 big block in it but I need it to pull a trailer and don't need the extra weight. For now my only driveable car is the Capri.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »

Yeah Jack, My Ranchero is another project I am doing a frame off restoration on. I bought it 300 bucks at a former dealership I used to work at. Its got a 351M engine and a C6 Transmission. I was planning to install a 460 big block in it but I need it to pull a trailer and don't need the extra weight. For now my only driveable car is the Capri.

cool
Jack Byrd

slowbird

• 1991 Mercury Cougar
« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »

Hi, new member here. I don't have a Capri as of yet (driveway's a bit full right now) but the more I read up on these cars, the more I like them. I would love to own a nice blue XR2 someday.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31