TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 199011 times)

WickedClown

Getting to know the members
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

I've been here a little while, haven't posted much, just mostly read. I don't know a whole bunch about cars except trying a few things on my capris and reading the forums for a couple years. A few months ago I started my job as a helicopter electrician. I like exercise, whether it's running or lifting weights. One of these days I might make it to a capri meet.

1. Name
Jack

2. Location
Fayetteville, NC

3. Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
I bought my first capri because I rode in it and I liked the size, the speed, the feel, and the gas mileage. I've since sold that one for various reasons and now my situation is better so I got another one. This one I got from an older couple. It's modified and gets 20 lbs boost and has type r seat covers. Maybe someone from this forum had it at one point?

4. If money were no object, what would your dream car be? 
I like the idea of rocketmans capri. The torque steer annoys me sometimes.

5. What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)
AWD is the only thing.. a missile launcher might be cool too.... a train horn at the rear for people who want to drive up real close behind me. A megaphone could be fun. Real cup holders. Leather seats.

Kev93

• '93 XR2 | Ford F-150
    • http://ombe.com
Re: Getting to know the members
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »

5. What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)
AWD is the only thing.. a missile launcher might be cool too.... a train horn at the rear for people who want to drive up real close behind me. A megaphone could be fun. Real cup holders. Leather seats.
Bwahaha! LOL ... without being too politically incorrect, we need *all* that stuff, plus a mount for an M249...

*especially* the cupholders...
/* Just along for the ride */
\\\'93 XR2 in progress | Daily Driver | 5th Gear Swap | Rocketman VAF Adapter

herdfan75

• 94 Capri XR2
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

1.Name:  David

2.Location: West Virginia

3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?  My first Capri was a trade for a 68 Mustang project I had. I initally turned my buddy down, but he had the Capri with him when my wife and I went to his house to look at a piece of furniture, and her exact words when she saw his car, shined up, top down, was "Uh...you need to rethink this..." so I did.  I traded, and when my buddy decided to sell the Mustang, I didn't want to see it go so I traded him back. Regretted it.  I just recently sold a '65 Fairlane and called a local guy that's known for having Capris.  He had his last one, a 94 XR, for sale and said he wanted $5,000. I told him I didn't have near that much, but told him I did have $3,000 cash and he said come get it!  The car is awesome.  I like how quick the car is, how well it handles, and of course I love the soft top. The car is simple, but has great options for the time period in which the car was made.

4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be? I'd buy a 1969 Mach I, 351 V8, grabber blue, 4-speed.

5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)  Retractable hard top like the Mercedes Kompressor would be nice, however, I think it would need to be economical, but loaded with options like the original (for its time anyway). 

johnny's capri

• http://n/a
« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2013, 03:37:51 PM »

Hello to all the capri fans out there,

MY name is John I'm from the land of enchantment (New Mexico, U.S.A) I hope everyone had a great Christmas and from me and my family we wish you a happy and of course safe Happy New Year!!!

I am the proud owner of a 1991 mercury capri xr2.  This car came to me to get repaired for a friend.  when I told him what it needed he decided to sell it and offered it to me for a great price.  Thinking it was an awesome opportunity to finally own my first turbo charged/vert I jumped at the chance.The car has taken up a lot of my time and money and after bout three years of ownership I have yet to drive it.  Russ, of Roo sports :) ( thank you Russ) has been awesome and invaluable in this quest as have all of you and this great forum.  You all sound like a great bunch of people with a whole lot of knowledge.  I really do appreciate all of you and the advice I get from this site.  My friend that sold this car to me served in Iraq with me passed away in a car accident bout a year after he sold me capri so it has a little more meaning to me than other cars or projects that keep me busy. 

If the Capri were to come back, I would like nice leather seats with a more refined interior and of course a stronger engine with around 250 hp. from the factory with everything  it has now.  and it would be awesome if the top could be moved up or down with a touch of a button. Also would be great to  fix all the things that break easily like the door latches, handles and such.  Redesigned headlights might be nice along with the ability to use wider and taller tires without interference.  Factory Totico struts would be awesome, maybe they would be easier to find for our cars again.

If money were no object I would like a  new ls9 turbo vert. vet.  may as well dream big! ;D with all the options.

UBB

Hrspowr

• 91 capri
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2014, 01:07:40 PM »

New owener here!

1.  Dan

2.  Oregon

3. Wife fell in love with the convertible, and got it for a steal!  After fixing all the little gremlins that have been ignored for the last 10 years, will be a great car for her!

4.  Dream car???  Too hard to narrow to one choice.  AC Cobra, Shelby Mustang, Cuda, 64 Chevelle, Datsun 510 2dr  55 Bel Air  :-)

5.  Like the idea of a low cost, good MPG sports car!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »

Welcome to TeamCapri!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »

Welcome to TeamCapri Dan (and Wife)
Gary

AndyGodinez94

• 1991 XR2
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »

1. Andres Godinez

2. Whittier, California

3. I needed a car of my own and my parents saw her for sale and when I saw her I instantly fell in love with the car. My favorite aspect about the car is its look, It is a uniquely beautiful car.

4. My dream car would be a 1960s Corvette Stingray, painted to look like the Mach 5

5. I'd want the Capri to be a soft top, with cup holders, 4WD, and definitely twin turbo
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:07:30 PM by AndyGodinez94 »

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2014, 12:36:27 AM »

5. I'd want the Capri to be a soft top, with cup holders, 4WD, and definitely twin turbo

Welcome to TeamCapri! You do know your Capri IS a soft top right? Just checking :)
I've got the 4wd down but no cupholders, only one turbo.

AndyGodinez94

• 1991 XR2
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »

I just meant that they should keep the soft top instead of a hard top :)

and your vehicle is an inspiration

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »

Thank you! I only checked on the soft top thing, as I've encountered a fair number of folks who buy a Capri with a hard top installed and have NO IDEA that it is removable! Talk about surprises :)

When you get some time post a thread in The Garage with some pictures of your car. We love pictures!

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »

Welcome to TeamCapri Andy. What a great first car. my first car was a 67 chevy CAPRIce. 396 TurboJet, Mag Wheels, etc.
I lived in Whittier a looooong time ago. I was a programmer for garment manufacturers in LA and Newport Beach then.
Enjoy those sunny california days. We have snow in the forecast again for Tuesday.

Gary

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »

Welcome to the group! Hope you enjoy your time here.  8)
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

AndyGodinez94

• 1991 XR2
« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2014, 01:04:02 AM »

Thanks  :D

I love it here in Whittier, what area did you live in Gary?

I like that the Capri is my first car, I always turn heads when I'm driving around town 8)

crshbndct

• None till tomorrow
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2014, 01:39:42 AM »

1. Name
Nathan

2. Location
New Zealand

3. Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
Turbo goes whoosh, Lights go up, top goes down.

4. If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
Ultima GTR or a Merc-Mclaren SLR

5. What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again?
Basically a sport-styled Fiesta St Convertible.

Since this is my first post, I should introduce myself. 34 yo, First Capri, Picking it up tomorrow, immaculate '91 Turbo(Sold as Ford Capri over here). Goal for the car is to drive it till the end of the year and then take it to the NZ B6T expert for 300Hp and a slightly more track oriented suspension/chassis setup. Probably with a Toyota gearbox and LSD.

Pics tomorrow when I get back from my 24 hours journey to pick it up.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31