TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 199069 times)

mark

• http://www.expressionsoflove.com.au
Getting to know the members
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

Hi My name is Mark and I live in a rural area of south Australia. I own a genuine '92 clubsprint for a bit over 12 months and I love the looks and pleasure of driving this car. I'm a professional photographer and I travel into Adelaide city about 4 days a week and it's a one way trip of a bit over 70 miles and I was driving a nice comfortable cruise controlled practical GMH wagon and one day I just said to myself...'If you're doin all these miles why not enjoy it?' So I sold the comodore and bought the clubbie...and had change $$$. This car turns more heads than anything. People are always asking what it is and none believe it cost me only 10k...they all reckon it looks like a forty k car. It's metalic black(like all the 200 clubies built in '92) and has had the original alloys chromed and looks nice though have had some trouble with leaking tyres as chrome plating lifting on rim seal.
Dream car always gullwing merc.
New capri....def. retractable top...although I hardly ever put mine UP! Rear wheel drive for sure and 4 or five seats.
Anyway nice to say hi to you all and have a safe and prosperous new year. Cheers from OZ

twistedhhhdx625

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

hey my names robbie im from st. petersburg Florida. I bought my capri because my uncle was selling it real cheap and i needed a car. turns out i couldn't have made a better choice because i love that car. my favorite thing about it is it has so much potential, that and the hole convertible thing. if money wasn't a factor my dream car would be a 1998 dodge viper gts. finally if they started making the capri again i would like to see a 3.8L v6 with twin turbo, duel exaust, t-tops, and a tight suspension.

Mark Harrod

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

The name's Mark from Cincinnati, Ohio. I was actually looking for a boat, but I couldn't justify it's use on only a few weekends per year. Couldn't get it past the wife either. I did convince her to let me buy a another car because I was putting alot of miles on my 03 Durango (12 mpg). I've always wanted a convertible since I used to "borrow" my sisters 69 Cutlass convertible when I was a teen, so begins my search.
I looked at a bunch of cars like late 80's BMW converts, Mustang GTs, and such but they were either too expensive or beat. It was then that I found a 93 white Capri in good shape that was owned by a responsible adult. When I compared it to the Mustang GT cv, it was cheaper to buy and got better gas mileage. It's also a kick to drive a manual again. Not a fast as the GT(not even close), the parts can be a little tricky to find, but I find myself wanting to drive it over my truck, even in the winter (I put my hardtop on).
There is still a few things that I want to do with it. Replacing the geometric wheels with something a little more masculine is currently tops. I will replace my softop this spring and reshoot my hardtop to match my car(red hardtop on a white car, the wife calls it my CANDYCANE). I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get my wheels and top replaced.
Mark Harrod
mharrod@cinci.rr.com

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
    • http://www.TunerFixx.com
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

OK yea, I felt bad since I have been a member for a long time and (73rd I think) with over 100 posts or something and I never introduced myself.  I'm from Omaha, NE and bought my first 91 NA back when I was a senior in highschool (2000).  I just fell in love with that thing at first sight.  So began the saga.  I now also own a 93 XR2 with a hardtop which I love dearly although it's not as pretty as my NA as far as aethetics (did I spell that right?)  The 91 has about 80k and is near perfect.  The 93 XR2 has about 125k.  I also own an 86 Saab 900 Turbo, which is why I think I wanted an XR2 so bad, I love turbos.  For a daily driver and for long out of town trips I have a 2001 Galant.
Cory Barry
93 XR2 Project \\"Blue Flame\\"
Starion Intercooled, VJ14/11 Hybrid
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
91 NA Silver/Teal (Looks Fast)*SOLD*  
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech

dennis

• TeamCapri Supporter
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2004, 07:27:00 AM »

Dennis here.  24 hours before I bought my 1991 Capri N/A I had no idea what they looked liked and didn't even know there was a 1991 Mercury Capri.  I was driving along and saw it on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it.  I took it for a test drive and bought it a few hours later.  Even though I knew nothing about Capris the price was right and it was a convertible.  I figured I could resell it after fixing it up if I didn't like it.  It didn't take long before I learned how much fun it was to drive and my wife loved it also.  Over the last ten years I have onwned or driven (as rentals) 10 to 15 cars including a 2002 Mercedes.      Only the Capri is fun to drive.  The other cars may be nice but the Capri is fun!  My next two projects are a new exhaust system and a paint job for the wheels.  The front rotors are warped and the windshield is craked so eventually I'll fix those also.
Was 1991 NA but now 1994 XR2

5570xr2

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Hello all

Mark here from Clemmons, North Carolina USA with a 1991 indigo blue XR2 with 130k miles.  Totally stock, with a hard top, front mask, and tonneau cover.  Custom dent in front bumper  :(  Plan to fix some day.

Wife purchased new back in '92.  I adopted it after our marriage, but have grown to love it as my own  

I enjoy it because it's fun, it's a unique head-turner, and chicks dig it, er, my wife digs it.

Money-no-object car?  2005 Ford GT

If they made the Capri again?  I wouldn't change much - keep it light and affordable. Give it some Clubsprint-like styling. Update the interior styling.  A bit more power, nothing extreme.  An AWD option ala 323gtx would be slick too.

cheers,
Mark
Mark

1994 XR2
2003 Mazda Protege5

Razzamatazzboca

• Old-Timer
    • http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazzamatzzCapris/
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

Was that custom dent something that came from the factory or was it a dealer installed option.

Welcome to the group Mark
All Hail King William, King of all Capridom, Master of Mopars

Home of the 1994 Triplets, the FINEST individually owned collection of Capris on the planet.
94 NA \\"Black Beauty\\"
94 NA \\"The Red Rocket\\"
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye, \\"Plum Crazy Purple\\"
1977 Chrysler Cordoba,blue starlight metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1\\" target=\\"_blank\\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1

redcapri91

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/88celicast
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

Hey my names aaron and i live in Largo/stpete fl.
i have two reasons for buying my capri... first the car that i was gonna be driving was an 85dodge600 that ran really bad and rips all in the rag top......second i saw this car and immediatly fell in love with it.800$ if i could have any car it would have to be an acura nsx

TheHairyDrummer

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

Hey all, I'm new here, but here we go...

1. Justin
2. Kalamazoo, Michigan
3. I needed a new car on the cheap, since my car (a '89 geo prism (lol)) had finally died. As soon as I saw the car, I fell in love with it, and have proceded in sinking some $$$ to begin to restore/upgrade it.
4. Money no object... Hmmm I have 3 off the top of my head: 1971 Yellow Hemi Cuda Convertible, 2005 Ford GT, or 1968 Ferrari Daytona.
5. Obviously, update the body style a little, put a 6 under the hood or add more ponies, more stock colors, more alloy, less plastic.
\\\'92 Red N/A

damien

• http://n/a
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

Hi all. I'm Damien, and i'm proud to be representing the capri in San Antonio, Texas. I came about my 93 N/A totally by accident, literally. I was headed to the first day school for the spring semester in my much beloved 00' Nissan Sentra while it was raining & i had an accident (to make things worse it was my birthday). i needed a new car quick and cheap so i looked in a used car magazine and spotted the capri. Had no idea the car existed and the picture was terrible, but it was within price range ($1,600 total) so i went and bought it. It was in terrible shape, but with lots of love (and a little $$) it now looks awesome. Also drives great. I'll post pic's when i'm done fixing it up.

slick

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

hey damien

if your interested in fixing your cars apperance there is a body kit that we are trying to get everyone to get we need ten people to agree on georgios kit so we can get it made so far we need four more peoplse go to group buy items hope your interested so we can get this going go spurs go

irpac

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

hello all im Zane i live in New South Wales australia i own a 1994 ford capri barrachetta.i wont a new front bar and side skirts.but no bastard stocks them damn custom work..
officer says:do you know how fast you where going

i said:my speedo only goes up to 180

MrCapri

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

Hey my name is Alen and im from Sydney Australia.
I love capri's always have and i just think they have heaps of potential.... Click here to have a look!!
Ive spent a good amount of money on the car and it will soon be a show car.

MrCapri

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

guys if u want body kits for a capri go to www.carmate.com
they got an off the shelf body kit....unless you wanna spend a little more and get one custom made.

robobogle

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

Alan

Madison, WI

I needed a reliable car to get me to work and school, so I bought my grandpas old capri off of him.

If money were no object, I'd get a Lotus Elise in a second. Smaller than my little car but with a hell of a lot more balls.

I'm pretty happy with the capri the way it is. I'd want a better air intake system, headlights that don't quit on you, and either all or rear wheel drive. Maybe a less 80's sports car look. Even if they didn't change anything I'd buy one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31