TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 48867 times)

Skunkwrkz

• 84' Porsche 928, 88' RX7 V8, 95 M3, 02 Celica GTS
Re: Getting to know the members
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »

Itís been a while since Iíve seen this question so here it is.
1.Name
2.Location
3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)

Hi,

My name is Ben and I live in Hendersonville, NC. I just recently bought a one owner, un-molested, red XR2 with 82K on it and a managed to snag a hard top the same day. I used to have a buddy, who has since passed away, that bought one of these new and we got into a lot of "trouble" in his in college...Good memories and the time was right to buy one so why not?. Dream Car? I already own mine as I bought a Euro-Spec 1984 Porsche 928S three years ago and it's everything I thought it was since I first saw "Risky Business" ;-) Last, I would like to see the Capri brought back perhaps as an AWD turbo vert'...Something eccentric like these cars.

d4rkangel

• 1993 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »

Hello all, my name is Brianna. I purchased my Capri in Michigan, but I have since moved to central Illinois. I was browsing craigslist, looking for a cheap project with a manual. This popped up, I did some research, and I fell in love. It wasn't in the best condition (still isn't), but I love that it is small, unique, and it needs a little bit of everything so it will be a good learning experience.
Dream cars are hard to pick, and I haven't been able to test drive and feel out many cars, so I would say I need to do more research before I can answer this question.
If the Capri came back, I think they should keep it a convertible, not make it into a hatchback. Keep it with a small, turbo engine with manual as an option. Make it an affordable weekend sports coupe, for those of us who can't afford corvette's.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 88 Festiva, 91 Capri, 91 XR2
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »

Welcome Brianna, hope your Capri doesn't have many rust problems.

Jack Byrd
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]