TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 198937 times)

garlson

• Capri
Re: Getting to know the members
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2015, 04:06:49 AM »

1. Garry
2. SC
3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
- I wanted to own a Capri when I was young and luckily I found a good deal.
4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
- Z06
5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)
- twin turbo, retractable hard top.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2015, 01:13:13 AM »

Garret "Gary" Rombal.
Duluth, MN
I my first one, a 91 na, I bought from my exes father, and the short crank motor shit the bed, and received a healthy transplant from a 93 with the long nose with 94k on it.
My 92 XR2 was purchased with my reenlistment bonus. several modifications are to be done to this by the time I'm done with it, it should be something rather unique.
I love the Capri because I'm gay, and it's a rather...gay car.  ;D It's reliable, economical, stylish, cheap and easy to work on, and it can get out of its own way.
dream car is an R31 Skyline Gt-R, dream truck is a 7/8th generation 3/4 ton Suburban with a 5.9 isb swap.
all wheel drive with a formidable power plant, and maybe just call it the XR3. Some kind of sexier offspring of an F40 and a mustang.

jfassivess

• 92 Capri Turbo, Chevy Traverse
« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »

Hi Y'all, Newbie Jean here, in Holly, MI (between Det and Flint).  Recently bought Red 92 turbo convertible for my FL ride.  It's roomy enough for 2 adults and golf clubs, plus a back seat - What more can one need?  Never heard of Capri before, but it was so darned cute, priced affordable and fun to drive - I couldn't pass it by.  My dream car is red '64 corvette convertible, without the price tag.  (old memories of younger days die hard) 

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »

and it's a rather...gay car.  ;D

That's a Suburu Forester, lol.

A Capri is 100 hp of raw power. It is meant to be worked on and get greasy turning wrenchs.

Why just yesterday I come out of Wal-Mart and my Capri was humping a Buick. Pure hetero, lol.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2015, 01:30:41 AM »

Oh yes, lest we forget the original target consumer for the Aussie, eh?

Merlin

• 91 Capri N/A, 93 XR2, 2018 Jeep Renegade
« Reply #365 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

1)  Nick Gavellas
2)  Miami, Florida
3)  I didn't have to pay for it, I got it through an exchange of labor.  Previous owner was a friend of the family.  I cut her yard and tended the horses every saturday for a year and the car was mine.
4) Dream car - there are a few that I dream about but the top of the list goes to a 56 Chevy Nomad Wagon
5) Would love to see the Capri as a rear wheel drive, with a little more HP.

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #366 on: August 07, 2015, 12:40:58 AM »

1. Ron Powell
2. Allendale, MI
3. After owning about a half dozen Fords, it was time to replace my aging 95 SHO MTX. I wanted something with better gas milage (50 mile daily drive), inexpensive, manual transmission, front drive (120" snow a year ago here), fun to drive, Ford product, smaller than the Taurus since my kids drive themselves now.
4. Since $ would not matter, I guess I'd want a Ford GT, not the new one just coming out, the production super car 60's lookalike. My personal favorite looking sports car.
5. A hardtop convertible version of the Focus ST or SVT.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

BurgosXR2

• Mercury Capri XR2 91
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »

1. Chris Burgos
2. Orlando, Fl
3. My transmission on my 91 eclipse blew out so I needed a new car and my dad saw it on Craig's list and told me about it......I never heard of it before in my life due to me being young and not into mercury's.....but after I saw it,got it,drove it I feel for it.....and now I'm slowly working on it and thinking of ideas on how to MODIFY the look
4. My dream car is actually a fairly common one.....a HONDA CRX 89-91models with a 2JZ engine modified for RWD and lowered NOT SLAMMED!!! I know it's lame but it's simple nice and comfortable for me
5. I would love to see the Capri with a choice of either FWD or RWD with more HP, if the Capri could also be longer with more space in the hood to work on, and either soft top or a retractable hard top don't matter just something that won't rip or break easily

DarkAngel

• Cruzing around the Blue Mountains since 2012
    • Black Pearl XR2 SE 1994 Ford Capri
    • Build Thread
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »

It’s been a while since I’ve seen this question so here it is.
1.Name
2.Location
3.Why did you buy your Capri/323 and what do you like best about it?
4.If money were no object, what would your dream car be?
5.What would you want a Capri to be if they start making it again? (i.e. soft top, retractable hard top, engine, etc.)

Hello, my name is Marcus and I am a Capri addict

I live in the land where Capri's came from, Australia

I bought my Pearl Black Ford Capri XR2 SE 1994 na because I fell in love with it at first sight,

the best thing I like about it is that it's
  • convertible
  • black pearl
  • a Ford
  • an XR tickford designl

This IS my dream car... check out my build thread ☺

XR2 2016 would have 4wd option, 2.0 litre turbo, 18 inch wheels, 2 pot brakes, typhoon style body kit and... and... maybe a retractable hard top. Every car bought would also entitle owners to join a xr2 track club... free entry to race tracks and an XR2 Club race cup.
Current Project XR2 SE

To Do
(VJ 11/14), helical LSD, 5th gear cog, 2.5 exhaust
stiffer springs, heated seats, electronic booster
tracker gps, respray

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »

1.Chris

2.South-east Wisconsin

3.My first car was a 323 and ever since I’ve been a Mazda platform based vehicle enthusiast. Over the years I’ve owned a 86 323, 91 Capri, 87 RX7, 90 MX6 GT, 94 Probe GT, and 2001 Protégé.  When my boss’s wife passed away and he offered her car to me for only $1200 which was a steal and do to the fact the Capri is based off the Mazda 323, it seems as if me owning this car was meant to be.

4.1966 Shelby Cobra Super Snake with the twin supercharged 427

5.Hmmm….RWD twin turbo 3.7L V6 duratec , 6 speed tranny with LSD, more ridged body, electronic suspension, and of course Pop-up Hid headlights.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:12:27 PM by chrispoe »

tedbroderick

• 1993 Capri XR2
« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »

Ted Broderick
New Jersey
1993 Capri XR2 (only 39,000 miles)
Bought it just to have a cool weekend car for the summer. 
Dream car 1968 Plymouth GTX 440 4 speed.

JhonnyDaPirate

• 1993 mercury capri zx2
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2016, 05:08:22 PM »

Jhonny from El Paso TX.
Got my Capri for 400 bucks from this kid I met at a half way house. Its my first personal build I don't know jack squat about mechanic work so I'm struggling a lot but having fun with it. Planning to rip it all apart and run the hell out of it till it explodes then go from there

Festiva Fun!!!

• Festiva 1.6 turbo
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »

Who has Rocketchips information. I tried his website but his email isn't working. I would like to get my ECU done for my Capri. Does he have a phone number or new email?

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2016, 03:52:53 PM »

Message Rocketman here on the Forum. He doesnt come on but maybe once a week anymore, so he can take awhile to get back you.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

BiPoBro

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2, 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »

1. Evan Watson
2. Colorado Springs
3. I didn't buy it, I dragged it out of a field to save it from the junkyard. I just love how fun this car is to drive.
4. I would love a 1994 Skyline GTS-4
5. I want the Capri to be kept nice and small. Definitely a convertible, soft top, and maybe a cup version like what Mazda offers with the Miata. A small and revvy engine is definitely the way to go, a variant of the 4-banger Ecoboost would be fantastic. Also, pop-up headlights are a must. A full-time AWD option would be amazing as well, make it a little rocket.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31