TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Getting to know the members  (Read 198200 times)

R_Meier

Getting to know the members
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

My name is Reid, I live in Maryland, south of D.C.
I bought a '91 for my wife to use as a commuter about a year and a half ago.  She is not fond of little cars, but we saw this for sale on the side of the road and she had to have it. We have been very happy with it.  When we pull up next to a Z-3 or something, we just think ; that's a nice car but, dollar for dollar we've got you beat bad.  We both would love to have the new Capri Cabrio.

jeff priebe

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2003, 06:58:00 AM »

hello im jeff priebe, live in northeast ohio,on
lake erie
My reasonfor the purchase of our capri is were
can you get a drop top for price,plus my wife
wanted a drop top but had to yellow (not a proplem) spent winter  doing color change
next project sprint aussis kit for car next.
my dream car would have to be next cobra mustang
due out 2006 ,things like to see on new capri
aussie kit (sprit) @ more boost for the buck.
jeff priebe

Roach

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »

1.  Rodney
2.  Houston/San Antonio/Austin/College Station Texas
3.  My second car and my first stick was a '93 Capri that I got in '96 while I was still in college.  It was a blast to drive when the weather was well, but I hated it in the rain and for long distance trips (road noise).  I always wanted a hard top for it but just couldn't afford it.  While I had it I let one of my frat brothers borrow it and he ran it into a low water crossing during a horrible storm.  It got flooded out and I had to put into the shop for an engine rebuild.  It was out of commission for a long time.  I rear ended somebody once and somebody backed into me once. All in all during the 9 months that I owned it it seemed like the bringer of bad luck so I let it go.

Fast forward to 3 months ago.  I ran upon a 94 XR2 and upon realizing what a hard car it was to find I had to buy it.  My wife let me do it and now I can relive the good times of having a Capri.  I already have a primary car so I can just drive the capri when the weather is nice.  I also have a hard top on the way so I can really enjoy the car as I wanted to the first time!

4.If money were no object I would ask for several cars not just one.  I would want 2 honda civics for everyday driving (me and the wife).  An escalade XL to hall the kids around in (sit on 22's with TVs etc.).  An M5 that I would take Euro delivery on.  My capri for my project car.

5.  Exact same car as now with wood grain accents and better leather.  A 200+ hp engine and AWD.  I would like to keep it as an inexpensive car.  A toyota or honda engine for reliability would be nice too.
1994 XR2
2001 Acura CL-S w/ Navi

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »

My name is Arseny, I live in Toledo, Ohio.
Love cars..

I like the capri because it was designed by very special Ghia and interior by Gugario ItalDesign who had designed many exotic cars such as Lotus Esprit Turbo..
I like Capri XR2 styling - bold, wedge shape of 80/90 exotic supercars..

I like that it has modern DOHC 16V 1.6L engine, can't stand push rods  
I love that it has turbo so more HP out of it is not a problem..

Capri XR2 Turbo was build using 323 GTX as a base, as you know that car has won multiple WRC races and is a proven race technology in rally form little 1.6 DOHC Turbo was pushing 300+ HP  
Try that corvette  

I like that it is convertible - it's my first..

And ofcourse the deciding factor is that it is now forgotten by people so price is cheap.. but it worth alot more!

If money was no object I would buy one of my favorite cars - exotic sports cars - mid engined -probably Ferrari 348 or 355    Love Diablos too..

I would like to see next capri follow new technology and by DOHC and a turbo, better if it would be RWD or AWD but not required  

Just don't make it to look like Focus/Courgar/new age styling really has no soul.. Make it look like old Jaguars/Ferraris/C5 Corvettes/ G3 RX7s/ 3000GT/Stealth or atleast like edgy Esprit..

My dream car would be: 3000 lbs - mid engined - V8 Turbo or V10 DOHC - carbon fiber body - F1 technology  
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

mhack

• Old-Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2003, 09:54:00 AM »

What kind of mods do you have there?

Originally posted by CapriTypeR:
1.Russ And Diana
2.Island Lake, IL
3.We are currently on our fourth Capri.  The first one we bought 4-5 years ago, a black '93 w/ a hardtop, for everyday transportation.  Ended up trading that for a '97 Dodge Ram.  The 2 current Capri's both came of off EBAY.  The first of these, is a '91 Modified, 108,000 mile rice eater!  This is my daily driver, and I plan to get 250+ horses out of the bad boy(Check out pictures at Yahoo Groups Capri site, under "Russ & Di's Modified" file)The second, we just bought last weekend- a '91 XR2 w/32,500 miles! Perfect condition, and includes a hard top!  This one is getting stored for future collectability!  The fourth Capri we owned, was a beat 91 XR2, we bought for parts.  Capri's are easily one of the better handling, better looking        cars around-even if they are up to 13 model years old! And the fact that they can get 35+ MPG, and have a rag top, is just a real big bonus!!  
4.Anything Ferrari!!
5. Turbo 6 cyl., 6-speed trans, 2+2 seating (for cheaper insurance), retractable hard top, unique design, and FOR SURE, named Capri!!

STE_6000

• Old-Timer
    • http://teamcapri.com
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Moved the message here where others respond to. Looked to be mistakinly added to the wrong topic.

Originally posted by Capridesign91:
Hello everyone, Im new here so i thought why not tell something about me and how i got my hands on my 91 capri. My parents bought the car because my dad had heard tht it was a nice sporty car. One of his co workers had a XR2 capri tht ran like the wind. Let me bac up a little my dad also loved and wanted the MR2, which is similar to the Capri because its small, sporty, fast, and he liked the design of the 87. He got tht one first but it turnrd out tht he dint have the patience and time to learn how to drive it so my brothers took advantage and learned how to drive stick. So now its theres. It's a red beuty. So now tht i also took my dads Capri I've gone thru a lot of phases. Besides the basic oil change, brakes, coolant... My first mechanical problem was the radiator...it was leaking so i had to buy a new one....after tht it was my timing belts...they got changed...thank my brother because he helped me change everything....I wasnt disappointed of my capri...there normal tares and wares a car goes thru...between me and u ...i think i like fixing my car because i gett o know more about the engine and its parts. It's like a hobby. When i got it the top was completely ripped....so a few months passed and i took it to the upholstery shop 2 get s new one which looks awesome. Other things ive added to my car is the XR2 rims tht i bought from a guy in here ....is 250 cheap for all 4 rims wihout tires???  I recently also took it to a shop to put new custom upholstery for my worn out seats. I chose a material tht is similar to the racing corbeau seats tht cost 450 its two toned. Top cost 425. Now i have a weird problem tht I dont know wht it is....My car looses power because the idling from the rmp goes down a little as if the exhaust is taking up power....i read tht it might be the catalic converter...tht is damaged.....i really dont wantt o run my car like tht so i wonder if any one here can help me out. please email me AT FABI2330@YAHOO.COM  hOPE U LIKE MY STORY.
Anthony
Cadillac STS 05 Silver Metallic V8-Northstar
-Tinted Windows 20%
-Volant Cold Air Intake
-Corsa Exhaust
-Phillips 6,000K HID Low Beams
-Phillips 6,000K HID Fog Lights
-Factory upgrade radio to 8\\" touch screen navi with 6 disc dvd changer.

http://teamcapri.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">

zxtunerdotcom

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2003, 05:01:00 AM »

1.rob green

2.murrieta, calif

3.i've always liked the capris, and one came up on ebay at a price i could not resist. one of my first new cars was a 1987 323 hatch, and that car was a great toy and had a lot of power given it's station in life. knowing the capri was built on the same platform made it an easy pick for me as a 'car i would like to own someday". it also would be a great r&d addition to my current full time business, zxtuner.com, a speed shop devoted to making/selling speed parts for small fords.

4. Dream car? Too many to choose from. Currently, I have a soft spot for a lancer evo or if i'm really dreaming, a ford RS200 or GT40.

5.First off, I think Mercury has no business selling small cars. They often leave them stillborn by dealers who only know how to sell town cars to the geriatric set and navigators to rappers. That being said, I'd like to see a Ford Capri (as in EU and AU) and I'd like to see it made as a lightweight roadster in the Lotus Elise / Opel Speedster vein. Mid engined, sub 2000 lbs, perhaps with a 2.3 PZEV motor riding a turbo. Now that would spank the socks off a S2000!

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

Howdy!
Sorry about the delay in answering your questions about my mods, but I was om vacation in Ocean City, MA, and just got back!

The vast majority of the mods were already done when I bought the car last year off Ebay.  The seller-Tim Cahill-is one of the origanal members of the Yahoo Mercury Capri XR2s and modified Capris group.

This is a list of the mods he had performed to the car:
"drilled out airbox w/ K&N airfilter, 2 1/4" manedral bent cat-back exhaust
(removed resinator & high flow cat) with a thrush glass-pack and a brospeed 4" outlet (sounds great), lightend flywheel, NGK plugs and wires, ZEX
nitrous oxide system, fuel management system, Intrax Racing Springs (2"  drop), Razzi Body Kit, Kammari Bubble Top (not installed yet), 15" Enkie
Rims on Low Profile tires, XR2 wing, Had the engine re-tuned by a performance shop, Short-Throw shifter. As far as the stereo, I have a JVC head unit & 12 disk changer."

I have since removed the K&N filter, and replaced it with a Conical style filter.  The NO2, and fuel managment system were already off the car when I bought it, as was the Bubble top  :(

The mods I have planned for this winter, are:

Club sprint rear end
Bubble top
F50 rear wing
Custom front end
DAD racing seats/Sparco 3 point racing harnesses (already in the garage!)
Red interior
Millinium Yellow paint w/graphics
Carbon hood
Complete engine rebuild by local race shop-looking for 250 hp, BEFORE the 50 hp NO2 shot!!
16" wheels on low-profile tires.

That about covers everything!!
Hope this answered your questions!!

-----Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

mhack

• Old-Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2003, 03:32:00 AM »

Nice setup  

Originally posted by CapriTypeR:
Howdy!
Sorry about the delay in answering your questions about my mods, but I was om vacation in Ocean City, MA, and just got back!

The vast majority of the mods were already done when I bought the car last year off Ebay.  The seller-Tim Cahill-is one of the origanal members of the Yahoo Mercury Capri XR2s and modified Capris group.

This is a list of the mods he had performed to the car:
"drilled out airbox w/ K&N airfilter, 2 1/4" manedral bent cat-back exhaust
(removed resinator & high flow cat) with a thrush glass-pack and a brospeed 4" outlet (sounds great), lightend flywheel, NGK plugs and wires, ZEX
nitrous oxide system, fuel management system, Intrax Racing Springs (2"  drop), Razzi Body Kit, Kammari Bubble Top (not installed yet), 15" Enkie
Rims on Low Profile tires, XR2 wing, Had the engine re-tuned by a performance shop, Short-Throw shifter. As far as the stereo, I have a JVC head unit & 12 disk changer."

I have since removed the K&N filter, and replaced it with a Conical style filter.  The NO2, and fuel managment system were already off the car when I bought it, as was the Bubble top   :(  

The mods I have planned for this winter, are:

Club sprint rear end
Bubble top
F50 rear wing
Custom front end
DAD racing seats/Sparco 3 point racing harnesses (already in the garage!)
Red interior
Millinium Yellow paint w/graphics
Carbon hood
Complete engine rebuild by local race shop-looking for 250 hp, BEFORE the 50 hp NO2 shot!!
16" wheels on low-profile tires.

That about covers everything!!
Hope this answered your questions!!

-----Russ

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

Hey Russ, you didn't get any ideas from my car did ya?  lol.  I look forward to seeing it.  keep me informed via pics, you have my address.  After the first of the year, we can start thinking about next years meet.  DId you still want the cover?   Which bubble top are you putting on, the Kamaniri or the clubsprint?  Let me know how hard the rear end is to put on.  And I have to see what a custom front end is going to look like.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

Bob-
First and foremost, Diana & I are glad that your surgery came out OK. Hope everything is still going fine.
Second-Yes I still want the top.  We can get together via email, and work out a day and time.
Third- Hell, yes, I got ideas from your car!!  Actually, most of the mods I have planned, I thought about before I even knew about your car-great minds think alike, huh??  I plan on the Clubsprint rearend, and the front end will probably appeal to virtually no one on this forum! To "Ricey".  But I want a car that I never have to worry about seeing one just like it anywhere, and I think this fits the bill! pictures will come when it is getting close to being done-Probably around 2007!!

----Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

pokmnster

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

Hey Bob Nadine and I are also glad you pulled thru. We need to have a meet sooner there are lots of car sjows coming up we can invade.Kinda off the subject who makes the top you have on your car? It was the same material my boxster had. Ijust dont want to get stuck with some peice of you know what.    
Cheers Rob

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »

Hey Rob, hows it going.  If you ever feel the need to get rid of your Eneki's, let me know.  ha  .  Which top, the roadster top is Kaminari.  I really don't know who the top came from.  But I can find out if you like.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

upgtx

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2003, 02:51:00 AM »

1) Mitchell Ruscin
2) Houghton Michigan
3) I bought my GTX because I needed a car and wanted something to have fun on gravel.
4) A GTX that maintained the 4wd with a 20B in it.
5) A capri huh? I dont know, make it something worth loving as much as this one.

Red2004

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

1.) My name's john
2.) I live in Danville, VA.
3.) I have a 93 Mercury Capri that I got for my 17 B-day, and have had it for about 5 months. It's bright blue. My dad got it from some guy who fixed the whole body from major hail damage. It looks brand new now. Now I'm just trying to fix it up and make it look nice. Trying to find body kits, etc.
4.) I take gymnastics. taking it for about 14 years now. And the gym is 60 miles away from my house, so It really puts the miles on the car.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31