TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: antifreeze inside the cylinders  (Read 3517 times)

88festivasam

• http://youtube.com/88festivasam
antifreeze inside the cylinders
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »

i pulled the head off of my xr2 yesterday and each cylinder had like an inch of antifreeze inside  :(  ... but the head gasket doesnt look bad and the intake side of the turbo is dry, also the head is not cracked anywhere as far as i can see...any ideas guys? any help is appreciated! thanks

kelly270

• http://na
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »

probobly not much help but... everytime I approach my XR2, I try to empty my wallet inside the house, it seems to know when, and how much extra money I have. Then it wants it!!!
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

Surfnut

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »

Years ago my Subaru XT turbo was blowing white smoke.  I pulled the head and checked it and it looked fine to me.  I brought the head into the shop that rebuilds them and the guy checked it and found a hairline crack smaller than I could ever see.  I got another head out of the junkyard, a new gasket and the car ran like gangbusters for 3 or 4 years after that until it rotted out.

Maybe call around and see if there's a shop that'll check it for you (hopefully for FREE).  If it ends up not being cracked anywhere and it isn't warped, maybe a new head gasket will end up being a cheap fix?  
I'm sorry I can't be any real help but maybe it's a start for you ?

Good luck Brother,

Dave

bobbynahas

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »

festivasam, I have the same problem. What was the problem?