TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Turbo Problem...Rocketman and Phil......Help!!!  (Read 5463 times)

smurfette

Turbo Problem...Rocketman and Phil......Help!!!
« on: November 04, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »

Hey it's Jessica...I drove for Russ at the meet... well know I live in Arizona and have my own capri..yippee!  anyway I need help it's a 93 XR2 and my turbo is not functioning properly... It was fine and then my friend was doing something and to be safe disconnected the battery. after that it has not been the same. It does not kick in when it should and the power is just not there.....any ideas!!!

1992xr2

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Hey, what's up?

Check that all of the vacuum lines are connected properly as well as the battery grounds.
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

Make sure the battery connections are good, and like phil said make sure there are no vacuum likes disconnected or knocked loose. A good area to check would be the vacuum lines near the distributor.

What was your friend doing to it?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

smurfette

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »

hey thanks for the tips...and hi phil...hope all is well.

Rocketman...my shifter dropped and they re-bolted it and just disconnected the battery to be safe.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

where in arizona, i just got a XR2 as well. owned one a long time ago and found one again. new to site, been working with turbo cars a while. love to help out  send me a email

gostlrs@hotmail.com
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

She is located in Phoenix. I believe the turbo issue has been fixed, but she is also having a bunch of front strut/spring issues, as well. What she really needs is someone who knows Capris, that she can call for advice when she has a problem. Typically she calls me, but I'm 1500 miles away, and that makes things difficult!!
I'll be talking to her tomorrow, and I'll make sure she logs on, and/or sends you an email!

Thanks for offering a hand!

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

ya no problem, i wish i knew about turbos back when i had it the first time, i just liked that it was small and quick. years later i got into DSM and then got lucky and moved to japan and had a Skyline and 180 and nissan cedric. being over there you need to do all you own work so if i got a book i can fix it..LOL i work on planes in the military so no task scares me.. i changed out my suspension in my other cars so this should be no problems
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible