TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Great day  (Read 7262 times)

drbob

• Old-Timer
Great day
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »

the previous long distance award was given to walt in arizona
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

drbob

• Old-Timer
Great day
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

I've been driving "The Toy" the last two days, I think I have put more milege in the last month than all of last year.  

So the dog and I go to Walmart to pick up some candy for nieces Easter, when I spy with my little eye Mountain dew for $4.89 a case (they are charging that much for a 12'r of coke)  So I pick up 5 cases.  Then I grab a few other items and the next thing I know I am checking out with a whole cart full of pop and groceries, I walk out the door and suddenly realize I was driving "The Toy" and not the Roo.  So as I am walking to the car with this buttload of stuff freaking out trying to figure who to call to help with the groceries, I open the trunk and it is almost empty and it absorbed all of the groceries with room for more.   Another reason I still have her after 12 years.  "I can put my junk in her trunk"

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

gadawgs34

Great day
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »

mannnnnnn it was a great day here in South Carolina to drive my toy tho i have only had mine 4 months and this is the 4 car for me to restore first capri it for my daughter when she comes this summer she is gonna freekozoied!!   :cool:
Mike Robinson

drbob

• Old-Timer
Great day
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:01:00 AM »

Good for you MIke.  I have found the Capri has the best "Fun For The Buck" ratio of any of the cars I have ever had (17).  

I can't go anywhere in "The Toy" if I don't want to talk to people.  I have had people knock on my door asking about the car when I have left it in front of the house.  

Ya it needs alot of work, the paint is 8 years old, and the interior needs to be redone, but that don't stop people from stopping me on the street, at stopsigns, stop lights, parking lots, and yes, even my own house, to ask about the car and tell me how much they like it.

When I tell them how cheap they are, the look is absolute disbelief.  NNOOOO! Is the most heard comment when I tell them how much it costs.

Of course I tell them that the roadster cover, spoiler, interior and color are not stock, they are still impressed.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

blue93

Great day
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »

I get those same comments from folks down my way, Bob.  I remember we all used to boast about how many Capris we "tagged" a few years back, but there are less sightings these days.

No matter what the detractors say, you're a fine advocate for the Capri, Bob. You also own a dog and a Subaru - I think that makes you a man of discriminating taste!
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

Ricksservice

• TeamCapri Supporter
Great day
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

We got all our Baby's out today and took them down the road....   I forgot how much fun they are!!!!!  

Now we will pack the winter ones away and enjoy the summer cars with the tops down for awhile...  I just love this time of year...

See you all in a few months at the MACG!   I can't wait.....

Cheryl and Rick Stone

drbob

• Old-Timer
Great day
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »

Started in on the clay bar today.  Hoping to get at least half way done before the rain comes again.  Yellow is a great color, and usually looks clean from 10 feet, but when you get close you can see the little marks that regular washing just can't get.  This is the first time I've clay bar'd a car and I hope the results are beyond expectations.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Surfnut

Great day
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

In my VERY limited experience with polishing/waxing/rubbing compound-type things, I've found Mother's clay bar to be FAR, FAR better than anything else I've ever used for cleaning the surface of the paint - just make sure you keep the paint wet and switch arms often.

Just my 2cents..

drbob

• Old-Timer
Great day
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

I have the mothers, but have been unable to get much done because of the rain.  In a few days it will get nice again, and I will get back at it.  I do feel a difference with my fingers from what I didn't do (freshly washed) and what I clay'd.  Looking forward to getting a couple good coats of zymol on her after the claying.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Pages: 1 [2]