TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: more activity?  (Read 6386 times)

blue93

more activity?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

Yes, welcome aboard, ICURUNNIN.  I've lived in Houston, Wichita Falls and Dallas.  I've been told that I'm a nice guy, but I'd never be a Texan.  So I moved to Illinois...

Though owning a Capri gets lonely in Springfield, Illinois, I find I am only a stone's throw (Indiana) from the site of the largest Capri Gathering in Christendom (or at least the USA).  We had 35 cars last year and close to that this year.

I've owned a few cars myself.  I don't actually have committment issues, but I bought my first back in '76 (a '66 Triumph TR4A-IRS).  Currently I have a '93 Straosphere Blue NA with K&N, 2.25" exhaust, steel 4-2-1 header, high flow cat, Flowmaster Delta muffler and Pacesetter Monza exhaust tips.  Also has Firestone Firehawk Indys (205/55 R15) on American Racing "Estrella" wheels and some other stuff.

Next step is to open the front with CAI, but I work too much, work on my house too much and play music.  I'll get to it eventually.  The next Capri will be turbo, but this one only has 67,000, so I think I'll end up keeping both.  Did I mention the LeBaron is for sale?

Mark
Blue '93 NA 5sp
Red '90 LeBaron GT Vert 6 cyl 5sp FOR SALE NOW
White '06 Vibe 5sp
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
more activity?
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

Hey Mark-
Are you going to make it Rocket's little shindig?  I't be great to have you in the caravan! You'd just have to drive in front of me the whole way - I love the way those tips sound on your car!!

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

blue93

more activity?
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

I'm going to try.  I need more info about the where and when.  If it's October 3, I think I'm good.

Mark
Blue '93 NA 5sp
Red '90 LeBaron GT Vert 6cyl 5sp FOR SALE NOW
White '06 Vibe 5sp
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

icurunnin

more activity?
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »

my last GVR4 only had 82k miles on it and I felt bad modding it. Sold it due to the fact I dropped waaaaay to much into it in a matter of 60 days or so.

It was reeeeal quick thouh. I just didnt want to have so much into a car I was going to abuse/drive.

Hope you find a XR2 soon. These things are fun to drive in turbo form. Cant speak for the n/a but can only guess the 32hp lost cant help.
3 92 Galant VR-4\\\'s = sold
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
92 Saturn SL2 turbo = burned (haters)
3 95 TSI AWD talons = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

yeah, there\\\'s more....

I have commitment issue\\\'s with cars

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
more activity?
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »

This forum is WAY more active in the last year or so than it has been ever before, I used to come on and find only a few new posts a week, now there are better than 10 new posts a day! Thats comparatively very active!

Good to see everyone rallying together to support each other.

And mark yes Rocket's Shindig is October 3rd. I hope to have a final itinerary for everyone this week.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
more activity?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

thats because i joined in January....
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible
Pages: 1 [2]