TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 91 XR2 no start  (Read 2455 times)

sc72

91 XR2 no start
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »

OK so here's the deal, a friend of mine runs a small car lot, the other day, actually a couple weeks back, he calls and says he has a Capri xr2, so i jumps in the car and head his way, the car is Red, Black convert with 120k on the clock, the car started rather hard but drove and road good, i mentioned he should give it a good tune up. Now i have the opportunity to buy this car but it will not start, it tries hard and the more you crank it, the more it wants to start. Any thoughts or comments on how to make her go. Thanks

rcdraco

91 XR2 no start
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

Does the tachometer pop up when you crank it?  If not, you're probably gonna have to replace the distributor or ignition module.  

Distributor is the safer route, normally includes a warranty and a nice finish for about $50-$100 more then the module alone.

If it jumps, check to make sure the wires/plugs are good, make sure it's got fuel out of the filter.

sc72

91 XR2 no start
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07:00 AM »

We had snow last night so when i get the drive shoveled i'll drive out and check what you have suggested.