TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: what's that geared thing on my seat?  (Read 3066 times)

urbex

what's that geared thing on my seat?
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

WTH is that bunch of gears on the left side of my driver's seat, with a pull knob on the back?  It doesn't seem to do anything at all, so I'm guessing it's broken..but I'm still curious what it once did...

WickedClown

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »

On the left side there should be an adjustment for the angle of the seat.

The lever on the back left should be to pull the seat forward. You just pull the lever back and push the upper part of the seat forward towards the steering wheel.

bhazard

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

The back adjustment on the seats on these cars is absolutely ridiculous, takes half an hour to turn that knob where you want it. A simple lever would have sufficed.
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

urbex

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

No, neither of those.  It's on the left side of the bottom cushion, towards the front.  Under the plastic cover, there's a couple spur gears visible, with a plastic pull handle that pulls straight back and out, about 3-4".  

1990RedSA

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

The good old seat height adjuster. Mine will only work if you're actually sitting in the seat when adjusting it.

Rgds

Rob

urbex

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

Ohhhhh......OK, that makes sense.  Although, I tried pulling on it a couple times while I was on the way to the shop today, and it didn't seem like it did anything.  Is there some kind of trick to it?

EDIT: Never mind.  I fiddled with it for about 15 mins today, and finally got it to move....once, lol.  I think I probably need to pull the seat out of the car and clean/lube the mechanism.

kelly270

• http://na
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »

try sitting a $20 bill on it, then it will eat the money and make a strange burping sound, it might want more than that!!
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »

Ahhhh, it think I see why you have a few problems with your car Kelly - you're only feeding it $20s!!  To run properly, it needs to be nourished with $50s and $100s!!
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!