Classifieds > Capri Parts

Aftermarket seats

(1/2) > >>

mr_gr1mm:
Hi all - I've got an issue with the seats in my capri. They are horribly damaged/rusted and the upholstery is completely shot. I've been working on getting them removed so I can have them wire brushed/re-upholstered when someone suggested that I simply replace them. I think this is a brilliant idea as the stock seats are horribly uncomfortable to begin with. Does anyone know of any seats that would fit? Perhaps seats from a mazda miata? I don't know if the floor bolt spacing is a standard thing.. I love the idea of going out to a junkyard and getting some better seats. It would save me the hassle of repairing mine. Thanks in advance!

greywolf27030:
I can sympathize with you. I adapted a set of MB SLK seats to my '91. In the process of looking, I discovered that most seats are either too low (Miata. SLK etc.) or too tall. The second problem is the seats don't fold for access to the rear seat (Miata, SLK, etc.).  The 1989/99 Mazda 323 seat might bolt in, but I haven't been able to find any. The 323GT had a really cool looking seat, the problem is they would probably in as bad a shape as ours. A Mustang or Eclipse seat might be a good height but most seats out there are too tall. Of course, if you're short, that wouldn't be a problem. Good luck and keep up informed. You might do a thread with pictures in the projects thread.

owent616:
My seats are horribly rusted and literally drops rust dust anytime i fold them forwards or backwards, seats are def on my list to replace. Do any of these fit without having to makeshift a mount?

greywolf27030:
/Unfortunately the only seats that fit are Capri seats. If you could find some 88/89 Mazda 323 seats, you can check to see if they might fit.

EShepherd:

--- Quote from: greywolf27030 on February 28, 2023, 11:58:11 AM ---/Unfortunately the only seats that fit are Capri seats. If you could find some 88/89 Mazda 323 seats, you can check to see if they might fit.

--- End quote ---

So my red chassis, the one I got from Matt, has some sort of period correct non-Ford cloth bucket seats in it. I don't remember what exactly he said they came out of, but I wanna say it was something like a '91 Civic or similar. Anyways, aside from he fact that they are blue, they seem to fit the car perfectly. So there's definitely stuff that'll fit, you just need to go to a pick and pull yard with a tape measure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version