TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: ‘92 Capri for sale in Illinois  (Read 5923 times)

Jojo

• 92 Mercury Capri
‘92 Capri for sale in Illinois
« on: October 14, 2021, 03:47:20 PM »

I’ve owned this car for 20 years. I kept it in the garage for the winter. That being said I do live in Illinois so she is not in pristine shape but she looks pretty good for her age ;) arthritis is making it tough for me to drive a stick anymore. My brother in law borrowed it last month and said, “Your little beauty runs like a champ!” Asking $1500 OBO.

Jojo

• 92 Mercury Capri
Re: ‘92 Capri for sale in Illinois
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »

I’m trying to upload pictures and a video of it starting from an iPad but I’m not having much luck. I will keep trying. Jojo

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 06:54:26 PM »

I'm pretty tempted by just the description here. Looking forward to the pictures.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »

Good price, how many miles?
Jack Byrd

Jojo

• 92 Mercury Capri
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 03:23:31 PM »

130,000 miles. Still trying to upload pictures.

Jojo

• 92 Mercury Capri
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 03:36:31 PM »

https://postimg.cc/gallery/hnwWP5h
Gallery name is The little car
There should be 10 pictures.
Please let me know if this does or doesn't work.

Jojo

• 92 Mercury Capri
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 02:22:36 PM »

I really didn’t know what this car was worth (if anything.) I was not looking to get rich - my mechanic said to start at 1500. I put it on this forum because if anybody would want it, someone here would. No takers told the tale so off to the scrappers. You seem like super nice people; I hope you enjoy your capri’s as much as I did mine! Peace out

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 02:34:16 PM »

Jojo, in my experience, this is about an $800 to $1000 car at best. Festiva guys would give about $500 which would be better than scrap price. There is a  Ford Festiva forum you could try. I recently bought a '93 XR2 which is the turbo model with low miles but it hadn't run in years for $300. Unfortunately these cars aren't worth much on the market normally so there isn't a lot of money in them. Good luck with it.
Jack Byrd

EShepherd

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »

I don't wanna be a jerk, but since you have no offers.

I'd be totally willing to buy just the transmission out of the car, and you could scrap the rest. I didn't think you'd be interested in parting out the car, so I didn't ask before. Hopefully, I caught you before you took it to the scrappers.

I'd buy the whole car just for the tranny, but I already have 2 of them, and I'm afraid my wife would institutionalize me if I brought home a third. She was lookin' at me awfully funny when I showed her the pictures of yours and told her it was for sale.

Anyways, if you still have the car, let me know what you'd want for the tranny. If that's even something you'd be willing to do. I could probably make my way half way across the country to pick it up (and save the hassle of shipping)....but I can't bring my hoist and tools, so I can't remove it from the car. If you can get it out and have it ready, I'd happily pay for your labor, too.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »

I don't wanna be a jerk, but since you have no offers.

I'd be totally willing to buy just the transmission out of the car, and you could scrap the rest. I didn't think you'd be interested in parting out the car, so I didn't ask before. Hopefully, I caught you before you took it to the scrappers.

I'd buy the whole car just for the tranny, but I already have 2 of them, and I'm afraid my wife would institutionalize me if I brought home a third. She was lookin' at me awfully funny when I showed her the pictures of yours and told her it was for sale.

Anyways, if you still have the car, let me know what you'd want for the tranny. If that's even something you'd be willing to do. I could probably make my way half way across the country to pick it up (and save the hassle of shipping)....but I can't bring my hoist and tools, so I can't remove it from the car. If you can get it out and have it ready, I'd happily pay for your labor, too.

I thought you needed an XR2?
Jack Byrd

EShepherd

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 01:18:09 PM »

Oh crap, is this one also non turbo? Blah