Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Coolant Issue

(1/3) > >>

Imber:
My 1991 XR2 pours out coolant somewhere at the back of the engine(towards the firewall) as soon as i put it in the radiator, any ideas?

EShepherd:
As in, you pour it in, and it dumps right back out, without the engine even running?

Take a look at the hoses back there. If they look okay, look at the freeze plugs on the engine block. Over time they can get corroded and start to leak. It's an easy enough fix, provided you can get enough access to it to hammer in a new one. If you have any pictures or videos of the leak, I could probably be more help.

greywolf27030:
There is a small water hose that goes from the block right below the head to the IAC. easily missed. There are also freeze plugs that are rubber and you tighten a bolt the make them seal that don't required being driven in.

Imber:

--- Quote from: EShepherd on September 19, 2021, 09:35:38 AM ---As in, you pour it in, and it dumps right back out, without the engine even running?

Take a look at the hoses back there. If they look okay, look at the freeze plugs on the engine block. Over time they can get corroded and start to leak. It's an easy enough fix, provided you can get enough access to it to hammer in a new one. If you have any pictures or videos of the leak, I could probably be more help.

--- End quote ---

correct, it happens without the car even being turned on, ill get a video posted in a few minutes for you

Imber:

--- Quote from: greywolf27030 on September 19, 2021, 11:23:58 AM ---There is a small water hose that goes from the block right below the head to the IAC. easily missed. There are also freeze plugs that are rubber and you tighten a bolt the make them seal that don't required being driven in.

--- End quote ---

where are the freeze plugs? also i’ll definitely check that hose

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version