TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Rocketman??? Has anyone heard from him?  (Read 2949 times)

Hammered Capri-Ce

• ‘91Mercury Capri XR2 ‘99 Subaru Forester TrailRig
Rocketman??? Has anyone heard from him?
« on: August 06, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »

Hey guys it’s been a long while since I was on the forum however I have been trying to get in touch with rocketman for a few weeks now and have I had no luck at all… I was wanting to inquire about a software upgrade for a 91 that I just got my turbo back for and have not been able to get in touch with him.
I am beginning to get worried that he is OK or maybe my spam folder although I’ve checked it and  my junk mail frequently. Any information would be helpful. Need an ecu upgrade ASAP…

Josh

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: Rocketman??? Has anyone heard from him?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 06:51:05 AM »

He's still around, and active on here. Just a busy man. Leave him a PM, he'll get back to you within a week or two. I'm sure he will see this thread and tell you the same.

Don't worry, he's still doing the Rocket Chips, too. He's got replacement glovebox latches now too. They're made of metal and super dope, ask for one of those when you send him your computer. If your latch isn't broken yet, I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later.

Hammered Capri-Ce

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »

Thanks Mr Shepherd….. It was in excess of a year ago that I had acquired the vehicle  spoke to Matt and it literally just sat for so long had so many other projects and things going on but now have the turbo back from Gpop Shop in Arkansas, Jim and Jerry are masterful in their ihi abilities and Mazda platform knowledge. I’ve got FMIC kit, atmospheric hks ssq setup, pump rewire kit,  air intake tract mods and a few other tricks I have sleeved thoughts toward…..
Anybody have any luck with a specific msd box or find any needs for it?
Will be running a hybrid VJ 11/14 turbo that is now fully ported  housing with ported wastegate balanced blue printed and thermal barrier coated Exhaust Side……
Planning on 2.5” DP high flow cat and rocketman soft at 15ish psi am aiming for reliable 200 wheel if that’s attainable….. please elaborate or scold me if nessecito…;)

EShepherd

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »

Sounds super dope to me. Got any pictures of that turbo setup? Details on the modifications, if you did them yourself? I've never even considered porting out the turbo housing, but now that you're saying it's been done, I could see it. I guess that'd involve getting the turbo rebalanced though, correct? I assume it's got to come all the way apart, otherwise you're risking getting metal shavings all up in there. Sadly, I don't think I know anyone who knows how to balance a turbo...otherwise I could see myself falling down this rabbit hole too.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 08:55:58 AM »

A couple of sticky's you might be interested in.

http://teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,2867.0.html

http://teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,4471.0.html

Would like some more info on the place you had the turbo work done.
Jack Byrd

Hammered Capri-Ce

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »

Www.GPopshop.com

Jim and Gerry
Springdale,AK

(479)751-7966

I’m so idiotic I don’t even know how to post pics on this site! Lol

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 09:26:31 AM »

Www.GPopshop.com

Jim and Gerry
Springdale,AK

(479)751-7966

I’m so idiotic I don’t even know how to post pics on this site! Lol

Don't worry about that. The problem with the way it works is that if you close your account, your posts end up with no pics.  Thanks for the link, that looks like a great place with a good assortment of services.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:34:13 AM by greywolf27030 »
Jack Byrd

Hammered Capri-Ce

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

What is the process to posting pictures? I’m sorry to even have to ask

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 08:40:34 AM »

What is the process to posting pictures? I’m sorry to even have to ask

Someone else can tell you better, but you have to download to a pic sharing site, then link to your post. If your account lapses, then your pics no longer appear in your post.
Jack Byrd

EShepherd

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »

I use imgur. If you upload the pictures to there, it'll spit out a code you can copy/paste into this website, which will make the pictures show up in your posts. I forget which one it is, something like BB Code or w/e. It'll mention forums in the description.

Do it. I want to see what all you've done to your Capri. It sounds unique, and awesome.