Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

Handbrake / Parking Brake cables - Part Number - RockAuto ??

(1/2) > >>

JimmyGermany:
Gentlemen!

After a much-too-long break due to some trouble with the engine mounts, my Capri is back on the road!

What It does need though, is a new set of handbrake cables.
Anybody know if they're hiding at RockAuto or elsewhere?

Cheers
James

EShepherd:
You mean the parking brake cable, correct? There are two listed on Rockauto, for a '91 Capri XR2. Not sure of your year/submodel, but I'd assume they all use the same cable.

Raybestos ($17.26 USD): https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=303368&cc=1196636&pt=1696&jsn=3195

Dorman ($13.00 USD): https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=358856&cc=1196636&pt=1696&jsn=3194

Prices won't include shipping. I've got no idea IF they ship to Germany, but if they do, I doubt it'll be very cheap. It might be cheaper, if you have the skillset, to source a cable of a similar length from a local junkyard, and modify it to work with the Capri's brake system. You'd likely need to make/modify the brackets, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Edit: Just saw you have a '93 non-turbo. I double checked, and yes, it does call for the exact same part numbers. Those should work for you. They're under the 'Brake and Wheel Hub' section of Rockauto, under 'Parking Brake Cable'.

JimmyGermany:
Hello and thanks for the quick reply.

I’m actually looking for the cables that run back on each side.
Sorry I wasn’t more specific.

The skill set isn’t reaaalllllly there. Siklsaw maybe 😁.
My mechanic has already indicated they may be hard to find, but that there is a shop here that can fabricate to spec. (For a price of course).

Have a great weekend!
Cheers
James

EShepherd:
Ah, understood.

So, I've got two chassis (chassis-s?) now. Both of which have the parking brake cables still on them, and both of which function. I could uninstall one set and send them to you, if you'd want. Again, no clue what shipping all the way there would be like. It might well be cheaper to have that shop fabricate new ones for you.

Maybe someone else knows where you could source brand new ones. If you aren't able to figure that out though, my used set is always an option. I'd need to research HOW to even ship stuff internationally, but I'm sure it's not too complicated. Probably just expensive and super slow.

JimmyGermany:
Hi again!

That's be great.
I'll DM you.

Cheers
James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version