Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Idle Air Control Valve

(1/3) > >>

Kiwimagic:
Hi All
I have a problem with my 1994 SE Turbo.
It stalls and will not restart until I remove the battery lead from the battery and then replace it again.
It will do this several times before it eventually stays running.
There is a noise coming from the IAC Valve which stops when I take the battery lead off..
Could be a solenoid opening and closing rapidly.
Seems to be worse with a cold engine.
This problem has only started since I fitted the Rocket chipped ECU.
Could it be a over boost problem. If so how do I remedy that ?
Im a bit reluctant to swap the ECU's over again as they are a pain to get to.
Any other suggestions ??

cheers
kiwimagic.

greywolf27030:
The solenoid on the IAC is to increase idle speed when the A/C is turned on. Disconnect and see it that is the problem.

Aus Capri:
You can bypass the IAC valve, disconnect the hoses from it and block the pipes. It will probably idle lower but you can raise the idle slightly on the throttle body. When I installed a chipped ecu (not a rocket chip) fueltronic chip I had problems with the solinoid valve thing in the vacuum line running to the fuel pressure regulator. It kept making it run lean. I just removed it and ran a vac line straight from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator  and it sorted it out.

It may not be your problem but it's easy to remove it and see if it is the problem.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Dave Robbo

Kiwimagic:
Hi
I have noticed a couple of things in my investigations.
1/. When the engine is running the revs occasionally drop off to around 500rpm and them pick back up to around 900 to 1000 rpm.
2/. When this noise is coming from the ICV and the engine will not fire ,When I disconnect the battery there is a quite a loud noise like a relay or solenoid opening or closing from around the MAF area.
Is the IAC controlled by the MAF ??

cheers
kiwimagic

Rocketman:
Swap the ECU back out. For testing you can just lay the ECU next to the console, you don't need to fully install it - just get it close enough to plug in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version