TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rear axle WMS  (Read 5663 times)

urbex

rear axle WMS
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »

Well, it's official...I decided to start with something that left the factory with an axle in the back.  Brought home a super clean 1984 Chevette today.  Paint looks like crap, like someone did it in 50 degree weather with a bunch of 99 cent black spray cans from WalMart, but the sheetmetal is amazingly straight, the plastic grille and headlight surrounds are not cracked at all, the "chrome" trim around the grill is in good shape, and not a speck of rust anywhere on the chassis that I could find, other than the typical surface rust on control arms and the like.  Even more amazing, considering it's spent it's entire life in Arizona, the interior only looks like it's about 8-10 years old, with only one decent crack in the dash pad.  Even the windsheild is clean!  I was blown away when I saw it, and had to bring it home.  Probably over paid at $700 for it, but I figured I wasn't likely to find another one this clean.  

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the Capri at this point though.  It's going to remain my daily driver for a little while at least.  I may try to sell it, but then it might not be a half bad idea to just keep it around as another backup vehicle, just in case.  Plates are paid for another year and a half, insurance only costs me like $10/month for it, and I just might have a desire to take a drive in a convertible every now and then, lol.
Pages: 1 [2]