TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Tool Boxes & Tool Collections  (Read 4671 times)

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Tool Boxes & Tool Collections
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:21:51 AM »

I didn't see any threads for this, so I figured why not make one? Let's see everyone's tool boxes, and any interesting or unique tools too! I love tools, and have far too many (but never enough). Throughout my career, I've had several tool boxes. Started with a Craftsman, then had a few different Harbor Freight (US General) carts and boxes, and then a Matco box. When I moved from Pennsylvania to New Orleans, I sold that. When I moved back to New York, I ended up replacing it with my current box:

I got the thing at one of the big box stores, either Lowes or Home Depot. It was only $550ish or so. Super cheap. The build quality is nice enough, and it has plenty of storage. I'm starting to outgrow it now, but it took me a solid three years before I got to that point. For a home tool box, it's perfect. Even if I was still working as a mechanic professionally, this wouldn't be a bad choice. It's about the same quality as the US General boxes, which if you've used them, you know is fine. I definitely wouldn't suggest to anyone to buy a Matco/Mac/Snap-On box, unless you're settled into a dealership where you know you'll be staying for the rest of your career. They're incredibly nice, but the price is just too hard to justify.

So, let's see what you guys have got!