TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: windshield washer nozzles  (Read 1784 times)

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
windshield washer nozzles
« on: July 21, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »

Hi. I am new to this site. I purchased a 1991 xr2 last week & although it runs & looks well I do need to replace some parts. Does anyone have, or know where I can purchase windshield washer nozzles? It is also missing the emblems, Mercury, XR2, etc. The only one I do have is the Mercury symbol on the hood. Someone had the car painted & then misplaced those parts. Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh, by the way, I did find a site online that sells new replacement nozzles but they are asking almost $40 apiece! By the way, I live in Macungie, PA

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: windshield washer nozzles
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »

So you can get universal washer nozzles off the shelf at your local parts store (ie NAPA, Advance Auto, etc). I've never pulled mine off the Capri, so I'm not sure if there is anything unique about them, but I've used the universal ones plenty of times on different cars. It's pretty straight forward. They clip into the hole in the hood, and a vacuum line press fits into the bottom.

As far as the emblems. I de-badged my white Capri. I don't know where they ended up, but I'll look around for them. I'm going to go pick up a rolling chassis from Rocketman on Saturday. I'm unsure if that car still has it's badges, but if it does, I'll be removing those, too. They're yours if you want them, just cover the shipping costs.

Welcome to the club, btw. (Don't drink the cool-aide)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »

Hi. I am new to this site. I purchased a 1991 xr2 last week & although it runs & looks well I do need to replace some parts. Does anyone have, or know where I can purchase windshield washer nozzles? It is also missing the emblems, Mercury, XR2, etc. The only one I do have is the Mercury symbol on the hood. Someone had the car painted & then misplaced those parts. Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh, by the way, I did find a site online that sells new replacement nozzles but they are asking almost $40 apiece! By the way, I live in Macungie, PA

Welcome to the tribe, I see you have already found ModernCapri.....lol  I guess they think since it was Italian design, it's worth Ferrari prices.  ESheperd is spot on about the universal ones. For this and other parts there are always people parting out cars on the FB Owners Group. I think this group is still the best for indepth information. There are several people that are members of both.
Jack Byrd

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 09:14:26 PM »

Thanks EShepherd & greywolf for responding so quickly. I did see universal nozzles, but a lot of people claimed the washer fluid  barely makes it to the windshield. I guess I will have to go with those if I can't find oem ones at a decent price. I would gladly buy the badges from you if they are still on the car EShepherd. In the meantime, I've only had the car a little over a week & am having a blast driving it! As for the Kool Ade, never touch the stuff!