TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: DOHC Timing Belt Cover.  (Read 4959 times)

Kiwimagic

• 1990 SA SOHC, 1991 SA Verde DOHC, 1994 XR2 Turbo
DOHC Timing Belt Cover.
« on: February 23, 2021, 05:32:02 AM »

Hi All.
Is there another top timing belt cover that will fit the Capri. These original ones are as rare as white black birds. So has any one found a replacement that will fit.

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: DOHC Timing Belt Cover.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »

The NA Miata one might work. The only difference is the cut-out for the thermostat housing, which is on the back of the block on the Capri. You could probably cut a square of plastic out of something, and use a soldering iron or similar to "plastic weld" it to the cover. Just an idea.

Mine are pretty trashed as well, and I spent hours looking for a replacement. Good luck. You'll either have to run without them (which is fine to be honest), or get creative with what you have.

Kiwimagic

• 1990 SA SOHC, 1991 SA Verde DOHC, 1994 XR2 Turbo
Re: DOHC Timing Belt Cover.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 07:21:34 PM »

Managed to find a top and bottom Timing belt cover. Not in the best condition, but not cracked just scuff marks on the outside. Might swap it over with the one on my Verde.