TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: I am new!  (Read 4508 times)

Darkstar12

• 1991 Mercury Capri Xr2
I am new!
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:49:01 PM »

Hey everyone! I am super new. I jus got accepted into the group about 3 days ago, and I have realized how much you guys help, especially in fixing my new car. So thank you honestly for your time and effort to give people advice.

Well, I just got a 1991 Mercury Capri Xr2, and I'm going to be honest, I am super new to the car world of mechanics and DIY stuff so I might ask alot of questions since I am starting from ground zero basically. I am very excited for this project, and I hope I can get her to a mint condition again. I just basically change the engine and gearbox oil fluid, and being very inexperienced, I overfilled the transmission with Pennzoil synchromesh, but I plan to extract the excess oil today before I test drive it.

Thanks basically all I have done so far. She is a beauty as well. Also, do you think it's possible that I can join the Facebook group for the capri owners? If I could, that would be awesome. I can put some pics once I get into the group. 

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: I am new!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 06:21:46 AM »

Welcome to the group. I hope  you have a good time playing with your new toy.  It is definitely a good idea to remove the excess transmission fluid otherwise it will blow the transmission seals. The Pennzoil  is a good choice.  There are a number of Capri groups on FB, several stateside and a couple in Australia and of course you're welcome to join.  The more members the better.  They are usually good for quick, multiple replies.  Just like in any group there are a couple of jerks around and visitors looking for Capri donors to hot rod Festivas talking down the qualities of the Capri.
Jack Byrd

redsteve

• 1991 Capri, the rest are red or appliances...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »

Indeed, welcome to the group!

I've not been here for very long and have learned a bunch by being here.

I'm somewhere between knowing and not knowing what I am doing, depending upon the issue; you'll learn a lot thanks to the good folks here.

Cheers!

Steve

JimmyGermany

• On the search for parts less broken than mine :-)
    • 1993 Capri non-turbo
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:07:07 AM »

Hello and also welcome from me!

Great group here and always a helpful hint!

Cheers
James

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »

Hello, and Welcome.

Enjoy your wonderful new project. easy to love these little cars :)
Gary

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 10:41:43 AM »

Welcome.  Lots and lots of technical background on this forum. Have fun.
John