General > General

Fuel Pump Relay circuit diagram.

(1/2) > >>

JimmyGermany:
Gentlemen!

Does anybody have a diagram of the relay circuit or a note of the contact assignment for the fuel pump relay. I got my paws on a used one and am trying to test it. Of course there is no diagram on the housing.

I get 124 Ohm between 2 of the 5 contacts, and about 26 Ohm between 2 others. With 12 V applied to either set of contacts, there is the telltale click, but resistance doesn’t seem to change between the remaining contacts. As far as I understand, when energized, one set of contacts should go to short (switched on).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers from unusually snowy Frankfurt.
James.

JimmyGermany:
Ah nuts.
I chickened out and ordered a proper relay tester.
 ::)

chrispoe:
The fuel pump relay in the Capri is kind of odd with its dual coil and is only used in a hand full of vehicles. So I'm not sure if there is a proper tester for it.

When looking directly at the pins on the relay (3 pins for a top row and the missing pin is the center of the bottom row). The top left pin (starter signal) is 12V, the bottom left is ground. When you apply power to these two pins the relay will energize. While the relay is energized, the contacts for the top center and top right pin should now be closed and measure 0 ohms.

JimmyGermany:
Ah! Thank you very much for the tip!
Glad I’ve secured a spare.

Cheers
James

JimmyGermany:
Gentlemen!

An another example of my brillaince  ::)
Of course you have to PLUG IN the relay to the relay tester, and the fuel pump relay's contacts are shrouded by the connector.
Anyway, the relay behaved as expected - thanks to the above information.

Cheers
James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version