Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

Rim/Tires

(1/2) > >>

MechaJubei:
Heya all,

So I just spent about an hour searching posts here but a lot of them were old, and pics that people had posted are not there anymore so I was a bit confused.

I have stock rims/tires on my 91 Base, but I want upgrade to something a tad bit bigger and sportier.  Are 17" rims to big?  Would it be better to go with 16"? Would 205/40/16 be a good fit?  What type of offset tends to look/work best on the Capris?

Thanks in advance everyone.

greywolf27030:
The rears are the problem I experienced. A 205 on  a stock offset wheel rubbed the strut.

MechaJubei:

--- Quote from: greywolf27030 on January 24, 2021, 10:20:30 AM ---The rears are the problem I experienced. A 205 on  a stock offset wheel rubbed the strut.

--- End quote ---

Ah, thanks for the info and that makes sense.  What would you recommend then?

greywolf27030:
Best I remember, my wheels are 15X6 with a 48mm offset which I believe is stock offset. I was able to run a 195 but the 205 rubbed. You would have to run less offset or a wheel spacer. Maybe a 40 or 42 or a 5/16 spacer. What you have to watch out for then will be rubbing the fender. John Glenn has widened his fenders to fit.

chrispoe:
I have 205/40/17 tires on my car and the rims have a 42mm offset. There's a little over a 1/8 inch of clearance from the trailing arms and the strut.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version