TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Timing Belt Kits & Fuel Pump / Sender  (Read 1462 times)

Geno

• 94 N/A
Timing Belt Kits & Fuel Pump / Sender
« on: November 27, 2020, 07:45:17 AM »

Moving forward with some more repairs to the capri

Wanted to get some feedback on readily available Timing Belt x Water pump kits that are compatible with the Capri

I'm also looking to replace the fuel pump & sender
The fuel pump is working but is in a rough state, I'm not sure what will fit and what would work in our cars, aftermarket pumps look alien compared to what we've got.

The fuel sender shorted out once before and doesn't provide a signal to the fuel gauge.

Thanks again Capri Fam

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Timing Belt Kits & Fuel Pump / Sender
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 09:14:21 AM »

I found a company that had been in business for a long time that will rebuild yours, I think for $70. Unfortunately I can't find the link. New ones aren't available.  Time to Google search.
Jack Byrd

chukT

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 11:55:10 AM »

I did my timing belt 2 years ago. It was a good deal cheaper to buy the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump seperately from Rock Auto than buying an assembled kit.

Try your local auto salvage yard for a gauge sender. You can probably find one from a different Mazda that will work, with some modification....

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 10:17:31 PM »

Pumps are available, full sending units are not. If it is in reasonable mechanical condition the sender unit can possibly be rebuilt by re-winding the wire in the potentiometer, theres' a recent thread with a link.
 There is always this website: www.car-part.com it aggregates parts from junkyards and you can sort by price/distance, it's quite handy.

There are plenty of water pump / timing belt kits out there, we share these parts with many vehicles. Have a look on Rockauto.com for some options as chukT recommends
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"