Classifieds > Capri Parts

Hard Top Cart (Stand)

(1/3) > >>

JimmyGermany:
Hello Gentlemen!

Anybody happen to have a set of plans for making a hard-top stand or cart?
The original ones seem so ... unsubstantial.
Well, that and I don't have one.

Cheers
James

redsteve:
Hi James,

I have an original (non-substantial) plastic one that I've reinforced with wood, and then tucked off in a corner.

I don't know of anyone that has done one specific to our cars, but I've looked at several DIY stands that folks have made for their Porsche, Mercedes, etc. tops that look pretty straightforward. Black pipe and foam swim noodles or pipe insulation, pvc, and the like. Half a wood pallet with nice caster wheels (larger than you think you need) might be a good, solid foundation I was thinking.

I'm thinking about making one up...just to do it...after all the other projects...are...done...

Good luck!

Steve

Rocketman:
The OEM ones are flimsy plastic with tiny casters. I have seen many DIY ones over the years that are much better. (some worse too, hah) I've also seen people build hoist systems to raise them into the rafters of their garage for a no fuss removal/install/storage

Basically it's a slanted, padded surface that the back glass rests against (!), with a lip at the bottom to retain the top. It's blow-molded or vacu-formed, and there is a little rack / pockets in the back to hold the tool, bolts, and bolt covers.
Surely someone here can post some detailed pictures, if not I can post some in a week or so, I am headed to vacation for a few days.

jdp:
One of the fellows one of the Australian facebook groups had built one with pvc pipe and posted it on the group.  I copied it and made one for one of my hardtops.  Works, but could use some minor changes.  I plan to make another, but I have to find the pictures that had the dimensions and material list.

jdp:
JimmyGermany.....I tagged you on the facebook group and attached the picture of the pvc stand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version