Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Aftermarket

Any Experiences with moderncapriparts.biz?

(1/3) > >>

JimmyGermany:
Hi Everybody!

Has anybody had any dealings with moderncapriparts.biz?
They seem to be one of the few dealers shipping overseas.
I'd be grateful for any reports (good/bad)

Cheers
James

JimmyGermany:
I’m assuming this is a “silence speaking volumes” situation.  :D

Rocketman:
The dude's prices are insane. And unfortunately he's the only game in town with a website now that Midcounty Mustang / Roo-sport are gone.

It can be argued that he personally has done more damage to the Capri community than the Festiva Scavengers. Folks get a Capri, look up prices on his website for a few parts, and immediately scrap the car seeing it needs 6x their purchase price in parts.

I've also heard numerous complaints about customer service, particularly his no-return policy even on the wrong parts. But I've not experienced that firsthand, I will *never* purchase anything from the guy myself. There are indeed people who buy from him, and he clearly doesn't need to sell much to stay in business.

Many of the parts we need can be sourced elsewhere, it just takes time, and used parts will have to do for many things. This forum is helpful in that regard

Just my $0.02 on the matter

redsteve:

I agree with Rocketman...my first visit reaction to prices on that website was...is unprintable.

The parts are out there, noting I had an Audi UrQ once upon a time and it was easier to find parts for it than my Capri.

Cheers!

Steve

Greg_B:
Yes he is very "proud" of his parts.

I really miss having PJ and Midcounty down the road about 1.5 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version