General > Build Threads

1994 XR2 resurrection

<< < (5/6) > >>

redsteve:
I second acetone and antifreeze as an option.

Another one: I gave up PB Blaster for Kroil as my go-to, a changed I made years ago and have stuck with.

Cool project and following...

Steve

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: redsteve on August 04, 2020, 04:45:50 PM ---I second acetone and antifreeze as an option.

Another one: I gave up PB Blaster for Kroil as my go-to, a changed I made years ago and have stuck with.

Cool project and following...

Steve

--- End quote ---

I agree with the Kroil, it's just hard to find.

redsteve:

One of the local farm/ranch stores always has Kroil in stock, and bigger spray cans too. Still, if I need one can I buy two. Sometimes, they have one gallon cans in stock. It' expensive...but worth it (there's a lot of things like that...).

Steve

Rocketman:
So a non-update update, hah.

I still have not replaced the rear lines on the car, but they are holding for now. It moves in/out of my shop and thats where I needed to get it for now.
The past few months have been incredibly busy for me so no more work has been done on the 94.

I started a 2nd job playing mechanic at a local garage, so there is hope that I can get it in on a lift one weekend and very easily do the rear lines without breaking my back. I'd like to do this before snow starts to fly, and then I can figure out what I'm going to do to store it for the winter.

OOOOr continue to fix it over the winter, I'm not sure. I'm at a point where I've validated that it can be a good car, I'm at that stage where I have to start throwing money at it for things like brakes/rotors, tires, soft top, etc.

jdp:
You must have been reading my mind....I was wondering about your progress on the resurrection project.  Slow progress is still progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version