General > Build Threads

1994 XR2 resurrection

<< < (3/6) > >>

MagnumPI:
I recently had to replace the rear brake lines, but luckily I had my engine out to replace some gaskets and the clutch.
It's a bit fiddly in that area, especially re-attaching the bracket which is hidden behind the steering rack, but all in all it went smoother than I anticipated.
A second pair of hands and eyes definitely helps and of course pre-bending the lines.
With the engine still in the car I imagine it being an unpleasant job.

greywolf27030:
Very professional.

Rocketman:
More brake lines.
Decided to add a union just past the firewall to make the lines a bit easier to manage.
Driverside hardline was seized into the rubber brake hose. Had to cut the hardline to mount it in the vice to deal with it.
Checked the brake bleeder on the driverside caliper, snapped right off even with liberal use of heat and penetrating fluid. Will toss it on the milling machine and see if I can salvage it.
On the other hand, pulling the wheel off revealed factory fresh gold zinc plating on the hub & wheel studs.

MC to driverside wheel

Rear line 1

redsteve:
Ohhh...my what a lot of work.

Very fine work too.

I'm enjoying following this.

Steve

belleaudb:
A great Thumbs UP! 

Seeing the pictures of the fuel tank reminded me of my tank replacement. My tank was perfect except the vent line rusted away. I guess the rust is due to the factory galvanizing and coating being too thin in places.

CHOOKAS!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version