TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fastest thing you've driven?  (Read 7371 times)

drbob

• Old-Timer
Fastest thing you've driven?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

I did 120 in my 240Z, 130 in my A4, 120 in my A4 cab and 135 in the AMG Benz.  The germans know how to make a car go real fast without any drama.  120 in the 240Z was a white knuckle affair as I was driving across Newfoundland and I was hydroplaning on dry pavement because of the high winds.  Almost had to clean my britches.  I would of been able to go faster in the Benz, but the owner was a little pissed I went that fast with him in the car.  I am getting a little to old anymore for that kind of speed.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

cj cooley

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »

well, speed definitely is my weakness(too much of it that is!)and it is exciting in different ways depending on the type of vehicle.On 4 wheels the fastest i have driven was my 72 olds, which ran a 12 second 1/4 mile @125 mph and i white knuckled it to 152 mph for top end. On 2 wheels i would say the 78 kz1000 was the scariest adrenilin rush at 165 mph(never had enough time to look down for 1/4 time. For both largest and fastest thing on water I co-drove a 40' cat with twin supercharged 502 blackhawks and surfacing drives(2500 hp) @ 120 mph. Sounded like a jet and was scary to see something as big as a small house hit 60 in the 5 second range. I would have to say the most exciting ride(and addictive) was my 1998 yamaha gp1200 that I raced for 4 years. It wasnt the fastest top speed but when you take into account that it only weighed in @ 570# and had been massaged up to 210 hp, it was incredibly fun. It would hit 60 in 4 seconds and top out at 72 mph, but it could also make a nearly 90 degree turn at that speed as well! It would straighten out your fingers and make you lightheaded at the same time from all the g force it exerted on you! Like I said, I do have a predisposition for challenging the limits of machines for speed. My family has reminded me that I do need to survive to live another day but I am sneaking my old favorite back into the stable and tinkering on my capri! Long live speed!

bhazard

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »

130ish in my 88 tbird, 120ish in my capri, 120ish in my festiva.

Id rather find a decent closed course nowadays to try topend. The trouble you can get in doing it on the road is not really worth it.
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

cj cooley

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »

that is unfortunately true as my young driving record proves. that is also why i turned my attention to water for awhile, where speed limits for the most part did not exist, but common sense still is important. I tried to do everything right but one day I was minding my own business flying across the lake on glass when to my suprise my ski turned into a submarine at 65 mph. Did I mention my last speed record was flying 200 ft @ 60 mph or so on my my belly like a skipping stone. I guess from shore it looked like my craft exploded and they saw me fly through the air with a jet ski tumbling end over end following me. Scared my wife and 6 kids bad and i woke up face up in the water laughing and the rescue boat along side me. It was fun trying to hammer nails at work with my whole body sore from basically beating myself with my own arms and legs when i tumbled. Although water is softer than blacktop it sure smarts if you hit it hard enough! Oh, did I mention I still like speed?

cj cooley

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »

oh i forgot to mention what caused my wreck! a ice fishing crib that had been weighted down broke loose and floated to the surface where the but end of a log just below the water caved the front of my hull. I had ran that stretch a million times over 12 years and never had such a experience! go figure!

Nex813

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

Back in my mid 20's when I was fresh out of college, I had a 91 Jaguar XJS with a V12. That thing would go down the interstate at 140 and feel like you were doing half that. It had the smoothest suspension. Not fast in like a 1/4 mile sense, but had a lot of top end speed. Man, I miss that car.

ChrisOFNA

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

120 trying to catch up to my friends on I4.  In an 87 MR2.

Colorado1

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »

Can't remember the fastest, but the scariest was some funky Beamer like a 633CSi or something at 140 on very hilly country roads. Never knew if a bailer or something was over the next hump. Always had to stay in the middle not to go off. Stupid kid-was working at a friends ranch.

shoeish

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »

The fastest thing I have driven now is my new car.

Holy balls, I love it.

SuperSport346

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

I have a 2002 Camaro SS that I've taken to 135 or so a couple of times.  She tops out at 160+, and one day I hope to find out exactly how fast she'll go.  I don't think I've driven any cars that can go faster than that...
1991 Capri XR2 - Red 5-Speed
2002 Camaro SS - Black 6-Speed
2000 Wrangler - Yellow
2001 Silverado Z71 - Pewter

bobbynahas

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »

My dads friend has a 2008 Bugatti Veyron. i never got it past 25. I was riding my motorcycle down the freeway to work on am and saw this black and red blurr go by. Being in the car business i called my father to tell him about the expierence since i was doin well over a 100 and this thing went by. Well long story short he was in that car that particular am. He txted me a pix, cause i didnt beleive him. But anyways the fastest was 185mph, on I696( michigan's faveroit raceway) 1997 Jaguar xj220. I aslo work at a Ferrari dealer now, so if anyone is looking let me know

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

Bobby, I would not be able to get in a Veyron unless I was wearing some depends.  You are very lucky to have not only riden in one but to drive one.  

That is a car that most people will only see pictures of, along with the awesome Xj220 (one car if I won the lottery would be in my garage).  

Have your dad's friend bring the Veyron to the 10th annual gathering, and we would have the biggest attendence ever, maybe we could auction off a ride with proceeds going to charity (no not the stripper I know).  ha ha ha
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?
Pages: 1 [2]