Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Aftermarket

front tower bar

(1/3) > >>

redsteve:
Hi all,

I started looking for a front tower bar for my '91 and don't find anything current out there.

I was looking at some old threads here and learned that a Mazda 323 front tower bar might be the action.

Is that still the case or any other options in the last few years?

If so, any recommendations. For example, I find Ultra Racing has a 323, but it ships from Malaysia. Any U.S. distributors or sellers?

Or does someone have one stashed they want to sell?

I also find I have to make a repair to my sway bar, one of the bolts holding the bar to the frame has broken (sigh...). Recommendations for sources of bushings, poly perhaps?

Thank you all,

Steve

greywolf27030:
Both Matt and Russ made tower bars, but I ddn't think either do now. I think I got Russ's last one. 323GT, 1988-89, is the same platform, so should work. As for bushing,

https://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=MAZDA&model=323&model_final=1985-1989&vehicle=323+BF+FWD

Whiteline makes a lot of stuff for us, but has to come from Australia.  The only company I had for the US for their products is no longer there.

Rockauto usually has standard replacement bushings, control arms, etc.

Jack Byrd

jdp:
Whiteline had done a special run for the strut braces that fit our Capri's toward the end of last year (2019).   If you are on the Capri Owners group on Facebook, you can do a search on me and you will find a post I did that advised the group of the special run.  There is also a contact name that worked with me to get one from Australia stock.   I really do not know if there were any left though. 

There was also a guy that made a few last year as well.  He was a friend of a member on the Facebook groups.   I would suggest a search for strut brace on the sites and that thread should show up.   I will try to see if I can find it when I get a chance.

Good luck in the search.
John

redsteve:
Gents,

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.

John, I'm not "on" facebook, doubt I ever will be. Still, I'll see if I can find your reference. In the meantime, if you happen to find it I'd sure appreciate having it here.

Jack, thank you also for the lead on Whiteline.

I'll keep looking, and hoping, too, that somebody has one to offer up. It's not critical that I have one, but every once in a while the car "seems" to want one.

I was going to go for a drive today, but it snowed...

Cheers!

Steve

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: redsteve on June 09, 2020, 11:13:01 AM ---Gents,

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.

I was going to go for a drive today, but it snowed...

Cheers!

Steve

--- End quote ---

That's sucks.....lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version