TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: DUDE  (Read 3944 times)

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
DUDE
« on: March 28, 2020, 01:41:56 AM »

Behold:

https://www.mrpltd.co.nz/product/mazda-bfmr-276mm-4-piston/

now that is dope. I think the most basic set up is like 700 bucks.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: DUDE
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:55:39 AM »

That's interesting. Their photo in the first pic does not show a captured rotor though, which is what the BF uses... perhaps just a stock photo?
Neat that there's an option, $$$$ though.

I did the Galant big brake upgrade on the GTXR2, and for a few other people, I was very pleased with its performance
This is probably way above and beyond that.

I wonder if a master cylinder upgrade is necessary. The stock MC is lacking after doing the Galant upgrade.
I have some parts from an MX3 with a bigger bore MC on hand that I will eventually try to fit. I think certain Miata boosters might work too?
If I am remembering right someone figured out a certain Mistubishi EVO MC would fit onto a Mazda booster, their bore is even bigger yet. (info might be on clubprotege)
This would require a lot of line re-routing as our MC has internal proportioning valve, most have external, and you'd need to add that too
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: DUDE
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:56:30 AM »

Absolutely radical......wow
Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd